Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 07:00 AM

Whydah Wednesday 20th December 2023

Morning all. Yeah the Whydahs have arrived on this the 20th day of Christmas. They first came into my life many years ago when I worked at a pet shop in Shoreham. Hope you all have a good day today. I am off for lunch with my friend Margaret. I have left lots of elves to keep the animals in check.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2023, 10:11 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Very chilly and dry here but the sky has a threatening look.
Been for our stroll very windy and we're not sure Brewster is a fan of the wind or the walks to be fair.
He has started walking nicely when on the way out and pulls like a steam train on the way back.
Roll on the new year when we can hire a field to let him off lead and eventually back over the park next door.
Doing some tidying today and working out the plan on how and when to swap rooms before Michael arrives and of course getting the bedding dry without having to use the tumble dryer if possible.
I do have a nice new airer and I use the small dehumidifier but it still takes a day or two.

brenda I had to look up Whydah's very pretty. Have a lovely lunch with Margaret.
Sue Bens car arrives today ? Have you worked out the logistics of getting your car back yet ?
Chris I hope you enjoyed breakfast out.
griff I hope all is well with you.
Kazz have a lovely day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 10:25 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kazz

More pretty birds for you collection Brenda. Enjoy your Mel with Margaret

You will get there with Brewster. Not long now hopefully until you can give him the freedom he deserves.

Thought we had worked out the logistics but then I remembered that we will not be picking Maria up after gymnastics tomorrow as she is spending the night with a friend. So will sort something out today when I take the girls home

Lovely morning here but not a drying day so bedding is on radiators and airer as will not use the tumble dryer. Teazle walked and presents wrapped so now coffee time.

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 12:49 PM
Good afternoon all

Freezing .again today. There's ice in that wind

I much prefer our usual cafe, but this new one will have to do for now. I much prefer sitting outside, but this new cafe has nowhere that is cut off from the wind and no overhead cover so we have to go inside.

The floor is lino and Ted slips and slides on it so he's not impressed either. He walks most of the way there but prefers to ride coming back which is fine as it's a lot longer walk for him.

He's not impressed with this cold weather and I think part of the reason for wanting to ride is so that he can also cuddle up and get warm

Sue, can TW not run you through to pick up the car? It would solve you a problem
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 01:42 PM
Good afternoon all

Been to work and I agree the wind is cold, does not surprise me you can feel ice Chris.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all

Freezing .again today. There's ice in that wind

I much prefer our usual cafe, but this new one will have to do for now. I much prefer sitting outside, but this new cafe has nowhere that is cut off from the wind and no overhead cover so we have to go inside.

The floor is lino and Ted slips and slides on it so he's not impressed either. He walks most of the way there but prefers to ride coming back which is fine as it's a lot longer walk for him.

He's not impressed with this cold weather and I think part of the reason for wanting to ride is so that he can also cuddle up and get warm

Sue, can TW not run you through to pick up the car? It would solve you a problem
All back to normal for breakfast when then Chris? Was it lovely seeing your son and grandson bet is was. So ou have everything on the tree as well and is Ted leaving it alone?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Brenda and Kazz

More pretty birds for you collection Brenda. Enjoy your Mel with Margaret

You will get there with Brewster. Not long now hopefully until you can give him the freedom he deserves.

Thought we had worked out the logistics but then I remembered that we will not be picking Maria up after gymnastics tomorrow as she is spending the night with a friend. So will sort something out today when I take the girls home

Lovely morning here but not a drying day so bedding is on radiators and airer as will not use the tumble dryer. Teazle walked and presents wrapped so now coffee time.

Take care everyone
I am with you radiators not tumble dryers. Chris solution for hubby to take you over to collect the car is a good one, does your daughter in law drive thereofre that may make it easier for them to bring both cars and return in their new one?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Very chilly and dry here but the sky has a threatening look.
Been for our stroll very windy and we're not sure Brewster is a fan of the wind or the walks to be fair.
He has started walking nicely when on the way out and pulls like a steam train on the way back.
Roll on the new year when we can hire a field to let him off lead and eventually back over the park next door.
Doing some tidying today and working out the plan on how and when to swap rooms before Michael arrives and of course getting the bedding dry without having to use the tumble dryer if possible.
I do have a nice new airer and I use the small dehumidifier but it still takes a day or two.

brenda I had to look up Whydah's very pretty. Have a lovely lunch with Margaret.
Sue Bens car arrives today ? Have you worked out the logistics of getting your car back yet ?
Chris I hope you enjoyed breakfast out.
griff I hope all is well with you.
Kazz have a lovely day.

Thanks Lynn I mostly do have a lovely day. Quite a few dogs I have meet do not like the wind, so maybe he does not either. I just got an image/picture in my head of you and Gorden hiring a field and Brewster sitting watching as you two cavourt around it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Yeah the Whydahs have arrived on this the 20th day of Christmas. They first came into my life many years ago when I worked at a pet shop in Shoreham. Hope you all have a good day today. I am off for lunch with my friend Margaret. I have left lots of elves to keep the animals in check.
Will look the new resident of the day up. Have a lovely meal out.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2023, 02:34 PM
Our regular cafe doesn't open until March unfortunately. It usually opens all winter, but they have gone caravanning round the south of Spain this year as she said they have some personal problems that I guess they are trying to overcome by going away for the winter

Ted is leaving both the tree and the presents underneath it alone thank heavens

Yes it was wonderful seeing my son and grandson. Unfortunately, my granddaughter couldn't make it as she had to take her step sister to her football match. Maybe next year
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >