Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2023, 06:57 AM

Mynah Bird Monday 18th December 2023

Morning everyone. Yep on this the 18th day of Christmas the Mynah bird has finally arrived ready to teach the correct 12 Days of Christmas to the mottley crew of animals, elves and fairies so far here. By the end of the week he will be all talked out. Have a good day everyone and take a breather when you can.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2023, 08:39 AM
Good morning Brenda and all to follow.

Damp here but not to bad overall. Due to working yesterday have today and tomorrow off. I am out for breakfast was gong with a friend but he does not feel well so off solo - paper reading and breakfast cooked a nice start to the morning me thinks.

Have to collect my weekend paper from the corner shop as I did not manage to get in Saturday due to work and then yesterday he had closed before I finished at 2pm, he will hold it till I arrive.

After breakfast going to pick up a couple of gift vouchers last presents for nieces, then home may watch Snowman I recorded or just read who knows.

Have a nice day all
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2023, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning everyone. Yep on this the 18th day of Christmas the Mynah bird has finally arrived ready to teach the correct 12 Days of Christmas to the mottley crew of animals, elves and fairies so far here. By the end of the week he will be all talked out. Have a good day everyone and take a breather when you can.
Good morning

Glad to hear the elves and fairies are being brough into harmony by the Mynah bird. You are really enjoying these 12 days are you not? aquiring any more land this week?I hear
a nice 12,000 acres (to go with the 12 days) have been put up for immediate sale adjacent to what you already have you could easily complete the sale by this afternoon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2023, 10:51 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Wet here and it is raining on and off.
Another fairly successful walk with Brewster some pulling especially on the way home.
More manageable though with the new walking arrangement. Trying to get washing up to date and sausage rolls and mince pies sorted today.
Wish me luck I need it.

I remember I think it was a member of dad's family that had a Mynah bird my dad loved it and chatting to it.
Kazz have a nice breakfast and enjoy your day off.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2023, 12:17 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Good that the elves and fairies will now be kept in order and the rest of the animals.will make your life a bit easier

Hope you enjoyed your breakfast Kazz even thought you had to go solo

Good by Brewster and good luck with the mince pies and sausage rolls Lynn

Dull but at least dry. Teazle walked and then spent time in the garden cutting down a bush/tree. I am going to take it out in the Spring it doesn't do anything except shoot to the sky. I will plant a buddlia in its place much more colourful and gives Barry his Butterfly bush to watch. Not on duty today so a nice restful day from now on.

Yake care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2023, 12:25 PM
Hi Sue having a cuppa then will start cooking.
I have done the washing and Gorden has hoovered so no excuses today.

Glad you are having a nice rest and pottering today, I love the butterfly bushes I have some patio ones but they do not attract the butterflies as well as the big ones.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2023, 02:57 PM
A Christmas story
One day Father Christmas woke up with a terrible cold but he knew he had to go to work as it was nearing Christmas and so many childrens toys to get ready. So he got up a bit late only to find it was too late for breakfast. Putting on his outdoor clothes ,ie boots- hat- coat he stepped outside straight into a deep snow drift and the snow went into his boots.
So off he went and pulled out his sleigh but found one of the reindeer was ill as well,so back went the sleigh into the shed.
Poor Santa then had to walk 5 miles to the toy factory only to find all the gnomes and elfs were on strike. That was it and annoyed he walked home only to find the front door locked as Mrs Santa had gone shopping. After a couple of hours getting colder and colder she came home and Santa at last managed to sit down in front of the fire with a drink beside him
Two minutes later the front doorbell rang and on getting up, being more annoyed than ever, he opened the door. At the front door was a fairy with a Christ,as tree under her arm. Santa rudely said " YOU KNOW WHERE YOU CAN STICK THAT"

So dear members this is why you always find fairies rammed on the top of Christmas trees.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2023, 03:03 PM
Sorry I always have a star on top of mine. Fairies just live down the bottom of the garden and get upto mischief with the elves. lol!! Sue I have word that they are on there way. Only a few hours to go. bg!!