Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Jin hates the rain!

I know she's only little, but Jin hates the rain!

Other than a coat, is there anything I can do about this? Can she learn to accept/enjoy the rain? Or is it one of those 'love it or hate it' type things?

Thanks!
redstef
New Member!
Female 

12-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I would say that it is the latter! I reckon they either don't mind it or hate it! My first dog would go all day without a wee if it was raining but my setter doesn't mind in the slightest!
you could try treat/toys to use as a positive association when in the rain though.......
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 03:46 PM
A lot if dogs hate the rain. I read that the rain makes sound echo more and as dogs have far more sensitive hearing than us, this is the reason that they dislike it so much! So a coat may or may not help, depending on if it's getting wet she hates or the rain.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
A lot if dogs hate the rain. I read that the rain makes sound echo more and as dogs have far more sensitive hearing than us, this is the reason that they dislike it so much! So a coat may or may not help, depending on if it's getting wet she hates or the rain.
Its the going outside and getting wet she dislikes, usually she enjoys her walk but she was keen to get home and get warm under a duvet!!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Mine hate the rain , I have had numerous attempts at getting them out today and all have failed , quick business visit to the garden and straight back in !
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Mine hate the rain , I have had numerous attempts at getting them out today and all have failed , quick business visit to the garden and straight back in !
How do they cope in Winter when it's always wet and cold?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Mojo reacts the same with the rain, she goes out to the toilet and makes a mad dive back

The BC's couldn't care less.

If they don't like it they don't like it as far as Im concerned, Jin may change as she gets older
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
How do they cope in Winter when it's always wet and cold?
In the winter , they have to get on with it ! , coats on and off we go , they will go out later today for an hour , whether the rain stops or not but given the choice they would come straight back in, when we get going and they pick up interesting smells and see the squirrels they seem to forget about the rain funnily enough !
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Not sure how old Jin is? but Corrie (beddie x whippet) HATED the rain when she was younger. I bought her a coat and that did make her a little happier and now (she is only just 12 months) she doesn't really mind it when she is wearing her coat. Jin may well just get used to it.

Helen
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Jinty is only 12 weeks so I am really hoping she grows out of it.....I bought her a really good coat.....but shes too small! She has plenty of time to grow before Winter though.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >