Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Well done Cain, Polo and Anton!

I took the dogs out on to the heath opposite Norwich prison as I take a cover and groom them on one of the picnic benches there as it's just the right height and saves me getting all that yucky hair indoors.

I muzzled Izzy but she let me brush her all over and groom her without growling once! Massive improvement from last time. She got plenty of small treats intermittently pushed through the cut out bit of the muzzle (was Cherry's from when she did agility off-lead).

When I had finished her I put her down and Parker did exactly what he always used to do when I had groomed Cherry-he humped her

We both told him off of course!
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Sounds like you are gaining Izzy's trust

Naughty Parker!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 05:53 PM
YES, YES, YES!

After today's little scurry - I realised how much Louie did like doing retrieves and how I'd kind of abandoned it.. Sooo I've just took him out on the garden to do some double retrieves - AND he loved it, but not only that - the last 3 retrieves he did - I asked him for a sit (no hold - just a sit) and HE SAT with the DUMMY IN HIS MOUTH!!!!!!! Only his pheasant wing one though - not with his plain canvas one - but he did it 3 times!! Ok so he wasn't in front position - but he held it and sat

It's not the first time - he did it once months ago, but whenever I asked him for a sit - whilst the dummy was in his mouth - he'd drop it and look like I'd told him off.. this time I was so excited with him, instead of pushing my luck and trying it a 4th time - I put the dummies away - got out his giant rope and chased him round the garden - he was so happy and so am I!!!

But tomorrows a different day..
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Ooops, missed this! Well done with Izzie, sounds like progress already considering you haven't had her very long

Well done with Louie! Cain also finds Hold unappealing so it's tricky, so it's great that he offered it to you Keep up the good work.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Well done Izzie

Well done Louie I have recently tried teaching Ted to hold a piece of card with happy birthday on it for a card i was making he picked it up surprisingly quickly but as soon as i got the camera out he wouldn't hold it for more than a second We got there in the end though

Ted seems to have got his recall back well as good as it ever was
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Well done Louis on his retrieves

And well done Ted getting back that recall - keep it up.

Had another good week with Polo. Reactive dog class went well. Polo does react a bit to one of the collie bitches but thankfully she does not take any notice of him. I took the opportunity to play 'look at the dog' when he was in the agility paddock and each time he glanced at her he was allowed to take a jump and it worked well. He was also doing really well with his BAT exercises and quickly understood what was required. Walking head on towards another dog whilst on-lead is Polo's biggest problem so I was pleased.

Our group walk went brilliantly again. Polo is really relaxing with this group of dogs and playing with one or two of them albeit briefly.

His most brilliant achievement of the week was actually playing properly with his recent new friend. He has met him about half a dozen times now.

Polo's new friend by WOOZLE70, on Flickr
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Just wanted to share how proud I am of my crazy boy. In the last three weeks agility wise he has amazed me. We've come 22nd in the British open, won a champ ticket, qualified for the champ class at crufts and qualified for olympia. I keep kissing him to let him know how proud I am, if he could speak the word he'd use is YUK!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
Well done Louis on his retrieves

And well done Ted getting back that recall - keep it up.

Had another good week with Polo. Reactive dog class went well. Polo does react a bit to one of the collie bitches but thankfully she does not take any notice of him. I took the opportunity to play 'look at the dog' when he was in the agility paddock and each time he glanced at her he was allowed to take a jump and it worked well. He was also doing really well with his BAT exercises and quickly understood what was required. Walking head on towards another dog whilst on-lead is Polo's biggest problem so I was pleased.

Our group walk went brilliantly again. Polo is really relaxing with this group of dogs and playing with one or two of them albeit briefly.

His most brilliant achievement of the week was actually playing properly with his recent new friend. He has met him about half a dozen times now.

Polo's new friend by WOOZLE70, on Flickr
Well done Maisiesmum and Polo! Its brilliant he's relaxed enough to play with other dogs now and i love the pic of him with his new friend Walking head on is something we are struggling with as well so pleased that its working for Polo.

Well done Jfk and your boy
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Izzy has lost a kilogram in one month!

Parker had to go to the vets yesterday and I thought I would check Izzy's weight whilst we were there. When we got her she weighed 14kg and now she weighs 13. I thought she looked slimmer but a kilo seems a lot to lose in a month?

She hasn't been on a diet but has had lots of exercise and I just feed her 80% of what Parker's fed as she should be about 80% of his weight.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Yay to Ted getting his recall back (it's because the full moon has passed )

Awwwww I LOVE that photo of Polo. It really made me smile I am SO please with how he's getting on.

Well done Jfk, that's one heck of an achievement! we've only just started agility and Cain is still on lead so some way before we catch you up

Well done to the new slim line Izzy That sounds like a perfectly fine weight loss. Cain lost 4.5kg in two months when he got a bit porky, and the vet said that rate was fine. Obviously he's a far bigger dog, but 1kg in a month sounds just about right for Izzy Good job!
Page 50 of 101 « First < 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 100 > Last »