Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 05:05 PM

I have a diagnosis at Long last

I have just come back from Doctors and we spoke about all my test results and he said that if my back x-ray comes back clear which he suspects it is then I definatly have Fibromyalgia.
Although that is not good as such It is such a relief to actually know what is wrong with me after all this time.
He has changed my tablets to Pregabalin to see if they help more than the others have been.
Crafty devil also caught me for my flu jab while i was there too
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh well at least you know now Bev. Yea the flu jab, I got caught with that the other week. Didn't think I was old enough, 54? I thought you had to be a pensioner.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 05:16 PM
LOL I'm only 51 and he gets me every year
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 05:50 PM
At least you know now, honey. Hopefully a change of meds will make a difference.

I got jabbed the other week - I hardly felt it.....until later

x0x0x
Gillbo64
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey Bev, join the club! After a couple of years of symptoms I finally got my official diagnosis of FM last week too! If you PM me I'll give you some really good websites to find out more & get support from fellow sufferers ... have you read "The spoon theory" yet? It was written by a woman with lupus to try to explain how it feels to live with an invisible illness ... here's a link http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/na...poonTheory.pdf

(Please everybody read this xx)

And just for you ... You know when you have fibromyalgia when ...

Any conversation can suddenly turn into a round of "Charades".

You make a grocery list so you wont forget anything, and then forget where you put the list. (On a REALLY bad day, you also forget where the grocery store is!)

You bathe the lawn, fertilize the dog, and brush the kids.

You can't effectively argue with your partner anymore. ~ "I am mad as all heck at you! I just wish I could remember why! DAMMIT!"

Your family knows what "I have half a spoon left." means.

You can't remember if the post-it note telling you to remember to take your pills is from yesterday, and you haven't taken them today, or it's one that you just wrote to remind you tomorrow.

You leave your keys in the freezer for three days and only find them because your hubby decides to make dinner.

You call your partner by the dog's name on a continual basis and get angry when she doesn't answer.

You search an entire day for your remote control and find it by accident in the crisper drawer of your refrigerator.

A simple trip to your mailbox makes your neighbors suspect that you are another neighbor's ("Crazy Mary") drinking buddy because you stumble, trip & weave.

When you go to the fridge, and stare at it wondering.. what the heck did I want now? Then remember 15 minutes later. when the kids are looking at you wondering why you didn't feed them yet!

Go to the store to buy something specific... Buy the whole store.. and forget the one thing you went for in the first place.

When you've called your spouse by your pet's nickname, rather than their pet name, so frequently they answer to it.
Your dog knows that you are talking about him when you say "the dog".

You ask your children to do the dishes because you just can't, and they wash all the spoons first and offer them to you.

You go downstairs to take your pills and eat something. First leave your pills upstairs. Then come back down, make a sandwich, sit down to eat, and realize, "Oh, I was going to take my pills."

It's 8pm on a Saturday. After sleeping until 11am, resting in the afternoon, and doing nothing all day, you're still so tired that you begin babbling about turkey fritters eating the rainbow. Come, 11 pm, you're so slap-happy that your partner suggests sedatives, and can't remember the turkey thing.

You're heading to the bathroom and kick the dog toy. Limp to the couch to check out your toe. Forget what you where doing and start to watch TV.

You put laundry in the machine and forget about it. You later wonder why you're missing a load of clothes, and only find it when you go to put the next load in 4 days later.
Then repeat with the tumble dryer!

You wash a whole "load" of laundry and when the washer is finished, you realize you never put the clothes in.

You sit down to study, forget what you were doing and go feed your pets... for the third time!

You consider taking another Indian name - Falls With A Splat.

You finally gather the strength to shower for your doctor’s appointment and then your partner catches you walking out the door in pajamas and a towel on your head and you don't even realize you never got dressed.

You are having a phone conversation with your best friend, you put the phone down and then forget you were talking to someone. You don't realize she's still on the phone until her IM pops up!

You are playing “Duck, Duck, Goose” with a class full of children; you’re It, and you start tapping the kids saying, "Uno." Wait, that’s not right. (Meanwhile, the kids are all, "What???") Umm, "One?".... No, that's not right either. What's the word?!?!?!?
Oh yeah.... “DUCK!”

Keep your chin up hun ... and keep your sense of humour ... boy, do we need it??
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 09:03 AM
LOL They did make me laugh, but sadly they are so true. I always say if you don't laugh you would cry so I choose the laughter as much as i can