Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jalalali
New Member!
Male 

06-09-2008, 08:28 PM

Diagnosis/Help Required

My Dog has got pustules and eruptions all over his body. Earlier he had bumps all over his body and still has. He is constantly scratching his ears, biting paws, and licking. Now his ears reek of a rotten smell. My vet is brushing it off as a allergic reaction. But i'm sure he had some of these symptoms before hand. Could anyone guess a diagnosis, my dog's Vet is unable to make one.

Anyone who has been through a similiar situation, I would really appreciate your help/ advice in regard for his prognosis.

Breed: Dalmatian Age: 9 months
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Hi,

Where the symptoms you refer to sudden in onset?

the symptoms sound similar to a scenario I experienced with a previous dog of mine .... it was a serious reaction to wasp sting. If it is .... the next sting could be worse but you can be prepared by keeping an injection provided by your vet, as it can be fatal! If not, then it is something else!
jalalali
New Member!
Male 

06-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Well now that you've mentioned a wasp. He did get bitten by one about a month back, had a high grade fever, swollen ears and all. He was treated promptly by the vet with anti-biotics and anti allergics. Well but I think he never really recovered from that.

After a few weeks of being normal, he started vomiting and had diarrhea for quite sometime. He was treated for that by de-worming and antibiotics etc.

Now after being in good health for 2 weeks, he suddenly had developed bumps all over his body, when the concentration got worse, I gave him a bath with a cocktail of anti lice/worm solution that I got from my Vet. I guess that was a mistake.

The following morning he had the symptoms which I've already described. I took him to the Vet thinking it was another allergic reaction. But really couldn't figure out what was wrong. I took him to another Vet and he also prescribed a cocktail of medicine covering all the bases.

Anyway its been 3 days now, he is getting daily anti-biotic and anti allergic shots. But there is no improvement, My once hyper-active dog has now been lying down for 3 days. I hope it isn't the end for him
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Sounds awful - sorry I can't offer any advice. I just wondered if maybe a picture might help give a better idea of the type of reaction? Is there another vet you could try for a second opinion? Really hope you can get to the bottom of this asap.
jalalali
New Member!
Male 

06-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Well I have the pics, but I don't think I can upload them as attachments.
If the mods cooperate with me, I can upload them. Could you please grant me access for a while ?
jalalali
New Member!
Male 

07-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I uploaded a few pictures on Photobucket. My Mix-Dal

I hope these help, please feel free to give any advice. Thanks.

Healthy:

Diseased:

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Oh, your poor dog.

I'm really sorry that I have no advice to offer, not having experience anything like this ever.

I just wanted to say that I hope you get it sorted asap - he's a beautiful dog, and deserves to have the correct treatment.

xx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 06:17 AM
I know Dallies are prone to skin problems but not sure what it is called or what is used to heal it, ask your breeder or the breed club they should be able to help you.
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi there!

Looks and sounds like "Malasesia" to me. Had a Basset Hound who suffered with it. The ears really smell horrible and because she was wrinkly it used to sit in the folds of skin. Quite smelly in general! She was bathed in Malaseb shampoo regularly and it did help. Think there are better products now. Loads of information on the internet.

Good Luck!
jalalali
New Member!
Male 

07-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Hmmm.. Malasesia! I'll look into that, thanks artemis.

Also, Thanks alot for the support people, he seems a little stable today, tomorrow is a make or break day. x x
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >