View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2006, 02:21 PM

What are the key signs of fitting/convulsing?

Hi all,

Is there anyone here that can outline the signs of fitting/convulsing/"episodes"?

I have been fortunate enough not to have a dog with these sorts of health problems but recently we have questionned and wondered about some of Dizneys behaviour, and questionned what we usually put down to "dreaming".

But for those who do have experience in this area i wondered if you could share a few points that we should look out for in times of worry.

Many thanks Jay
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi Jay there are many causes of fitting/convulsions/ but the symptoms are frequently similar . My dog has seizures that are caused by heart problems and they are controlled with medication. If you are worried contact your vet. Remember dogs do some strange things when they are sleeping/dreaming
Here is a link to a site about canine epilepsy with some good descriptions..

click here
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Thank you Minihaha ... I thought it would be useful for other members just to know what to look out for, and although they wont all be as naive as me I'm sure they will find it useful.