register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Don't know what to suggest Malka, because I would have said to try and get the mud off by soaking her paws.
Is your neighbour about, she seems to be able to give these 'workers' a good boot up the btm and get things done, although obviously not done enough. Was wondering if she could get them out to you to do something about the mud, after all it is HER property thats being buried in the mud here
Forgot about the Fix for you all on the Daily
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Oh delightful more fur with every piccie! I could dive in there with them right now. Dogs (who have good owners) have a lovely life don't they? Bella has just put on a demo for Suliman. I am quite honoured that he allows her to fuss round him - most of the strict muslims won't let a dog anywhere near them. (He's probably gone home to take all his clothes off lol!) Only kidding he is a lovely man and has just been down to pay the rent for the other flat Jamal's one and also pay all his bills bang up to date as he is still in Libya where his wife is taking some legal exams.

Suliman wants a coffee table. Well I would happily buy him one but think Danny is off to UK after Xmas and there are plenty in there. Also Sabby's got more than 2 small ones. So I will try robbing Peter to pay Paul before looking to buy one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Morning Elaine oh DUH I went intto that Asda the other week.
Lovely pics as always June.
Morning Pat.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Forgot to say it is pouring down now and weather not good at all, so hibernating today.
Off to feed mum and babies, clean and mop again, then may start some housework, its about time!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Morning Lynn. I did respond to you in my earlier longer post. I am off to have a little look at the famous PUPS now!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 12:02 PM
The weather isn't good here either June heavy rain & gale force winds. While I was out going to town there were recycling bins & boxes (&contents) flying about everywhere. Someone is going to have some cleaning up to do I think I'll be staying in this afternoon if it carries on like this. It won't kill Taff just to have his little morning walk for one day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 12:10 PM
What a lot of posts so early My sympathies to those of you who are suffering from that storm .... it sounds horrendous. . Lets hope Norma and Lore have kept their electricity on. I've walked the dogs which was windy and very cold and I've been down to Waitrose to get a few more food items. Other than walking the dogs later I don't plan on going out again now. The sun is actually out at the moment and both dogs are asleep on the sun drenched carpet in the hall.

I've just heard that record winds of 143mph have been recorded in Scotland It is getting very windy here now but nothing like that and its just been confirmed that the Thames Barrier is going to be closed with warning of high tides as far south as Sandwich in Kent.

Lacey you must be sooo thankful for winterising your garden and lets hope your xmas decs don't end up in someone else's garden. Where were you when we had the hurricane in 1987?
Malka you mud problem is obviously far worse than I had originally thought. As far as Pereg's feet are concerned I'd stand her in some warmish water to let the mud soak off. The get on the blower to your local council or workforce boss and insist someone comes and cleans all the mud. Tell them your wheelchair won't run properly in the mud etc etc.
In the 'caring' community you live in there should be lots of people willing to help you out and sort out the mud problems knowing you have a disability.
Moyra I wouldn't venture out in the wind as you may get blow over. I'm sure Amber won't mind just wandering around the garden today. The high tides will never effect where I live. We aren't in the tidal part of the Thames and have 4 locks between us and Teddington where it becomes tidal. Any concerns of a tidal surge will bring the barriers down in London anyway, but thanks for your concern.
Lynne Poor Taff and his nose .. I wonder how he did that. Spider bite? I've just read you later post saying about the roof ... Stay in until all the wind has passed for goodness sake or you may be hit by something.
Moet How lovely that your parents ashes are buried on your sister's land. That is much more appealing to me than being buried in a cemetery with loads of strangers
June I love the puppy fix today and those puppies coats are getting thicker and thicker aren't they .... gorgeous Those puppies are becoming more independent by the day .. how clever of them to go on the mats or newspaper (not sure what you've got down)
I bet you visitors at the weekend will all melt when they see just how gorgeous the pups are
Morning Nippy ... yes we are the lucky ones away from the vile weather for a change. Losing electricity at this time of year isn't funny
Lynn I just imagine how cold it was for you walking where it is so flat with the wind in your face Bless Dillon as you say like a little pony. I remember so well how my horses would be extra loopy in the wind. My two raced around first thing in the garden and I'm sure that was due to the frost on the ground and the wind. But oh isn't it bliss when you get home I perhaps wouldn't light a fire until the worse of the wind has gone in case you get blow-back and fill the house with smoke.
Tang The internet is a wonderful thing .... there is you hundreds of miles away sourcing electric mattress toppers Bella's reaction to something she doesn't want is normal and even Flash runs in the opposite direction when he sees me brandishing the cone. Poor old Rucksack just stands there If I were you I'd bring all your winter clothes with you when you come over its pretty chilly.
Girliebiker good luck with your website .. such a pain and something you shouldn't have to be doing

See you all later .. off to do some housework now as needs must
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Jenny Taffs sore nose looks more like a burn than a bite I'm wondering if something was irritating him & with him rubbing his face on the rug he's got a friction burn on it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 12:25 PM
I think the majority of the babies performed on the puppy pads today Jenny. I put a piece of plastic sheeting down, which I mop regularly, then paper, then puppy pads, if there is just a weeny little puppy poo then I pick up in a paper towel and it goes on the fire, if Mabs has used it the paper and pads come up, on the fire, mop sheeting and more paper and pads. She waits till I have put clean down and goes on again. I've just done the kitchen, put babies in the pen out of the way, after eating they are sleepy thank goodness,
Old plastic sheeting thrown out, fresh sheeting, paper and pads down, went to burn the old stuff, came back and she'd used it. Sooooo start again.....dirty on the fire, came back and I thought she looked apologetic, another poo on there back to the drawing board, or should I say mop, newspaper and pads!!!
Off to wash the dog pots and give bones to girlies as they have heard me feeding Mabs and babies and they are left out......fielding phone calls, etc they have been sidelined!!!
Good job you've got the Thames barrier eh Jenny.
Malka can't get Pereg to let her clean the mud off, and those so called workmen are less than useless and no one seems to want to take responsibility for all this from what I can see from this end anyway. Sometimes I think we are overly PC in this country, then I hear about what Malka is going through and think perhaps not, because it would be front page news and the entire weight of media, social services, council etc would be on top of them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Done my housework had some games with Dillon decided to take the tug game into the garden he performed perfectly so hopefully now he will be learning some control. He is being a pain though in as much as he wants to lay in the garden with the wind blowing through his coat must be something to do with his instincts and laying in the Swiss Alps in the cold windy snowy weather maybe. Have to keep checking every few minute to make sure the fence panels are still up.
Pat we don't have an open chimney it is a flu up from the burner they do get swept of course we didn't have ours swept they had been using the burner till they moved.
Took a chance and lit it and it seems fine. I can hear the wind howling through the flue but that's all.
My cafe nets Pat kindly gave me the link too arrived today and are now up they make the front room much more private and cosy so I have had a little move around of furniture again.
Better go and give my rave review to the curtain supplier.
I hope everyone is safe and warm.
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »