Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 10:59 AM

I've drawn the short straw again!

Last year i was pregnant but unfortunately miscarried on the 1st December. Despite trying for another baby since then, nothing has happened so yesterday we had our first appointment at the secondary infertility clinic.

My OH has to have a sperm test, nothing painful about that but maybe a bit embarresing but i have to have all sorts done and all of them include some discomfort and things put up me (so to speak!!!)

- blood tests
- smear test
- dye squirted up my fallopian tubes (and i have been told to take pain killers before hand!)

Now i am sure i have the bum deal in all this!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Dont we always. I wonder what the human race would be like if men had to give birth probs would have died out during the Jurassic era I bet.
But hey, it will be worth it when you get your own lovely baby to hold eh!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Dont we always. I wonder what the human race would be like if men had to give birth probs would have died out during the Jurassic era I bet.
But hey, it will be worth it when you get your own lovely baby to hold eh!
I think your right! Keep your fingers crossed for us.

I think they are only really testing him so he feels involved, he has three sons already and has fathered 5 pregnancies with his ex partner.....so don't suppose they will find anything wrong there!

Oh i also have to loose weight! He's over weight too but they say it's not so important for the man to loose weight, but being the lovely man he is he is being very supportive and is trying to loose weight too.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 11:12 AM
You have definately got the s****y end of the stick hun. Good luck with it all and hopefull you will be announcing your good news to us soon. xx
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Good luck keep us updated, hope all goes really well for you.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 02:40 PM
oh good luck.

I can sympathise as I lost 3 babies before luca so i know how hard it is.

Luckily i got pregnant with wee bub just as i got my appointment for my tests !! so i avoided it, as pregnancy was successful by then.

I wish you the best of luck - I have two friends at the moment who have been through where you are and both are expecting twins at moment !!!

you have been pregnant so you will be again.

good luck.
d xx