Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
our dachshund that we used to have loved rubbing on fences that had been croesoted(sp)
lol! That really made me laugh!
pads & max mom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Jesus i wish i knew as well!!!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by pads & max mom View Post
Jesus i wish i knew as well!!!!!
lol! The warped mind of a dog, especially a lab, you are probably lucky you have one that doesn't given labs reputation with poo!
pads & max mom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Long hair!! Naa Stop!! un thinkable. Short is enough!!!
scruffydog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2008, 10:47 PM
lol just remembered another funny thing that happened with the same dachshund her name was Toots

it was many years ago when i was first going out with my OH we took my 2 dogs Toots and my GSD Buster for a walk in some lovely woods, its was quite a way from where i lived so he drove us there in his beloved mk4 cortina. anyway on our way back Toots found a lovely pile of fox poo and before we could stop her she had a lovely roll about in it.
needless to say my OH threaten to make us walk home, after standing around argueing about it we saw a tap and managed to wash her under it, she was not amused as it was cold bless her lol

god i loved that dog
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 04:00 AM
I have three border collies and all of them do it and eat it as well ,and being as at least 5 of the "b ------" things come through the garden at night theres always loads to choose from
Thank goodness for tinned tomatoes,tomato sauce, and coke (They all remove the smell)

Jeanette
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Well my labby doesnt roll in fox poo - he prefers dead fish. But Vienna is a nightmare for the fox poo! And she always rolls so its on her scruff and chest where it is hardest to clean! They both love to eat a bit or horse and cat poo tho. Yucky dirty dogs lol.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2008, 07:31 AM
They do it to disguise their own scents with that of another animal so they can approach their prey later with less chance of being detected.

I tell Harvey every day he has a bag of prey at home and there just isn't any need for it
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Our foster dog is a roller. She's from a city and now she's in the countryside she's finding all sorts of lovely dead things to smear all over herself.

Bryan doesn't do it much, but when he does it's in something particularly disgusting.

All we do is say 'Ah Ah!' loudly as soon as we think they're going to roll. Or drag them up if they start rolling. Then get the fairy liquid out and give them a good scrub
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 10:20 AM
When we take our's to the beach they roll in dead fish. yuk but they dont bother with foxy poo as we have load's up here plus we feed some too.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >