Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:07 PM

Ooops..Neighbour Shouting At Us Through Window Over Leon Barking

Clive lives in a centre terrace house, the neighbour on the right hand side is a single mum who broke up with her husband just before I moved in. We always chat, Clive has helped her out a couple of times when she has locked herself out..I think her youngster is about 2 years old and she has so much on her mind that she often comes out without her keys. They always stop and make a fuss of Leon when we're out walking and I know that Clive is happy to have her as a neighbour.

The one the other side is a different story Clive did warn me about her when I first moved in, but I have tried to be pleasant, always acknowledged her with a "morning" or " afternoon", only to receive a grunt of some sort in return She is a very big lady...far bigger than me and walks in what I would describe as a sort or "Lurch" from the Addams Family posture...and she has a mouth on her...my goodness, I thought Clive could swear, but I've never heard anything like it

This morning we popped out to the garage to see if we could pick up some dog food and bread...as we are snowed in we can't get the cars out to go to the supermarkets and the village shop hasn't had any deliveries. Anyway, we were probably out for about 1/2 an hour and as we came around the corner I could hear someone screaming "shut the f*** up" in a really deep voice Clive knew instantly that it was her and rushed to the garage door so that we could go in the back way. Well she was hanging out of the window shouting at us to shut the f***ing thing up...I just stood there with my mouth open looking up at her. Clive walked towards the house and turned back to me saying "I warned you what she was like". Then she was screaming "bark, bark, bark thats all he ever f***ing does".

Well Clive was seeing red at this point and asked her why she didn't f***ing come downstairs to discuss it...I'm not sure what she said next as I was still taken aback at the situation but he said that if she was a bloke he'd have knocked her block off by now. She then said that he was the type of man that would hit a woman She then started doing the barking noise again and I called up that he was hardly ever left alone so he can't be barking that much. He always comes with me to the unit or if I'm visiting people and she works from 7 am to 11 am each day. The only time he is left is if we go out shopping, for a meal in the evening or when I go to the doctors/dentist. She then started swearing at me...still hanging out of the window so I asked her if she had ever thought of letting me know in a polite manner, such as knocking on the door and telling me that my dog had been barking. She told me she would wring his scrawny neck and then wring mine for me too!

Clive bundled me into the house at that point as it takes a lot to make me go into one..but my blood was boiling...how dare she threaten an innocent animal like that. If he was barking then I am entirely to blame, but if no-one tells me he has been barking when I pop out then how am I to rectify the situation?

Clive reckons she'll call the RSPCA or something now...I don't care if she does, when he's left he's got a lovely bed right by the radiator and a bowl of water, enough people see me out walking him 3 times a day. The longest he is ever left is 3 hours, he was used to being left alot longer than that when I worked, but he did have the others for company. She may tell the council I suppose, but surely if its not at unsocial times of the night there's not a lot they can do. You see, this is one reason why I've never had close neighbours...they can drive you round the bend.

Of course, she never has her music blaring at all times, nor does she shout at or scream obscenities at her grandchildren when she has them over...she's a prime example of how a lady should behave...NOT

God, I wish Snowdrop would sell so that we could buy something a long, long way from her
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Sorry hun but that's people for you. Good job she doesn't live here then, we have neighbours dogs barking from morning till dusk, fortunately no-one bothers about it.
Our next door but one neighbour's dog not only barks he howls whenever he hears sirens....which is often...or the ice-cream van.
Luckily it's live and let live here, which is great, as I don't know whether mine bark when I have to go out, no-one has ever said.
I think if she reports it she'll be asked to prove it and as others on here will tell you, that can be a long winded thing.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Clive lives in a centre terrace house, the neighbour on the right hand side is a single mum who broke up with her husband just before I moved in. We always chat, Clive has helped her out a couple of times when she has locked herself out..I think her youngster is about 2 years old and she has so much on her mind that she often comes out without her keys. They always stop and make a fuss of Leon when we're out walking and I know that Clive is happy to have her as a neighbour.

The one the other side is a different story Clive did warn me about her when I first moved in, but I have tried to be pleasant, always acknowledged her with a "morning" or " afternoon", only to receive a grunt of some sort in return She is a very big lady...far bigger than me and walks in what I would describe as a sort or "Lurch" from the Addams Family posture...and she has a mouth on her...my goodness, I thought Clive could swear, but I've never heard anything like it

This morning we popped out to the garage to see if we could pick up some dog food and bread...as we are snowed in we can't get the cars out to go to the supermarkets and the village shop hasn't had any deliveries. Anyway, we were probably out for about 1/2 an hour and as we came around the corner I could hear someone screaming "shut the f*** up" in a really deep voice Clive knew instantly that it was her and rushed to the garage door so that we could go in the back way. Well she was hanging out of the window shouting at us to shut the f***ing thing up...I just stood there with my mouth open looking up at her. Clive walked towards the house and turned back to me saying "I warned you what she was like". Then she was screaming "bark, bark, bark thats all he ever f***ing does".

Well Clive was seeing red at this point and asked her why she didn't f***ing come downstairs to discuss it...I'm not sure what she said next as I was still taken aback at the situation but he said that if she was a bloke he'd have knocked her block off by now. She then said that he was the type of man that would hit a woman She then started doing the barking noise again and I called up that he was hardly ever left alone so he can't be barking that much. He always comes with me to the unit or if I'm visiting people and she works from 7 am to 11 am each day. The only time he is left is if we go out shopping, for a meal in the evening or when I go to the doctors/dentist. She then started swearing at me...still hanging out of the window so I asked her if she had ever thought of letting me know in a polite manner, such as knocking on the door and telling me that my dog had been barking. She told me she would wring his scrawny neck and then wring mine for me too!

Clive bundled me into the house at that point as it takes a lot to make me go into one..but my blood was boiling...how dare she threaten an innocent animal like that. If he was barking then I am entirely to blame, but if no-one tells me he has been barking when I pop out then how am I to rectify the situation?

Clive reckons she'll call the RSPCA or something now...I don't care if she does, when he's left he's got a lovely bed right by the radiator and a bowl of water, enough people see me out walking him 3 times a day. The longest he is ever left is 3 hours, he was used to being left alot longer than that when I worked, but he did have the others for company. She may tell the council I suppose, but surely if its not at unsocial times of the night there's not a lot they can do. You see, this is one reason why I've never had close neighbours...they can drive you round the bend.

Of course, she never has her music blaring at all times, nor does she shout at or scream obscenities at her grandchildren when she has them over...she's a prime example of how a lady should behave...NOT

God, I wish Snowdrop would sell so that we could buy something a long, long way from her
She sounds like an absolute a***hole! Sorry, I have no patience with people like that. I think I'd take Clive's lead and just tell her to f*** off and complain to the RSPCA if she likes, that you'd like to speak to them anyways about the abusive and intimidating behaviour she's displaying around your dog. You have nothing to hide. If the RSPCA do come round, they'll see she's just a nutcase

She sounds like an angry woman that needs to find something in her life other than swearing at people and making a fuss over nothing.

I'd hate to have close neighbours. That's why we stay where we are, even though our kids go to schools out of the area.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Sorry hun but that's people for you. Good job she doesn't live here then, we have neighbours dogs barking from morning till dusk, fortunately no-one bothers about it.
Our next door but one neighbour's dog not only barks he howls whenever he hears sirens....which is often...or the ice-cream van.
Luckily it's live and let live here, which is great, as I don't know whether mine bark when I have to go out, no-one has ever said.
I think if she reports it she'll be asked to prove it and as others on here will tell you, that can be a long winded thing.

Thanks Stephanie...its a bit of a shock to the system to have neighbours, let alone ones like her

We don't take any notice of her noise, I know it winds Clive up but I think thats more because he doesn't like her than anything else, and we wouldn't dream of saying anything to her about it.

I was just shocked at the obscenities and the rage in her voice...it was really booming. But we won't let that stop us leaving him at home, because sometimes you simply can't take them with you for their own safety and comfort.

Lets hope we're moved before anything more comes of it as I don't like to see her winding Clive up like that, and more importantly, I don't want to be worrying about whether Leon is barking because she is barking at him..she could well be geeing him up I suppose. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
She sounds like an absolute a***hole! Sorry, I have no patience with people like that. I think I'd take Clive's lead and just tell her to f*** off and complain to the RSPCA if she likes, that you'd like to speak to them anyways about the abusive and intimidating behaviour she's displaying around your dog. You have nothing to hide. If the RSPCA do come round, they'll see she's just a nutcase

She sounds like an angry woman that needs to find something in her life other than swearing at people and making a fuss over nothing.

I'd hate to have close neighbours. That's why we stay where we are, even though our kids go to schools out of the area.

Thanks CC...I've always lived away from neighbours because of the dogs...lets hope this is a one off and she'll let it drop, although I wouldn't be suprised if she starts up about something else
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
She sounds like a reall saddo, who needs to be able to have something to moan about . So sorry that you are having this problem Sherree.

Hope you get Snowcdrop sold soon and that you are able to move well away from this horrible sounding person.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2009, 01:37 PM
She sounds like a lady that would love to go on jeremy kyle!
Did she have a fag hanging out of her mouth and a can of fosters in her hand???

Seriously though, she sounds like a righ pain in the a$$, hope she hasnt spoiled your weekend!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
She sounds like a reall saddo, who needs to be able to have something to moan about . So sorry that you are having this problem Sherree.

Hope you get Snowcdrop sold soon and that you are able to move well away from this horrible sounding person.
Thanks Eunice...I think you have described her to a tee...sadly some people are like that aren't they. I have a lot of enquiries going on at the moment over Snowdrop so, fingers crossed something will start happening soon. xx

Originally Posted by hades View Post
She sounds like a lady that would love to go on jeremy kyle!
Did she have a fag hanging out of her mouth and a can of fosters in her hand???

Seriously though, she sounds like a righ pain in the a$$, hope she hasnt spoiled your weekend!
Oh I had to laugh at this...she is a heavy smoker, not sure about the drink though as I haven't seen her with a can. She sits in her conservatory, puffing away, watching what Clive or I are up to as we go in or out of the garden...what a life eh?

Thanks so much, I was cross but have calmed down now, I can see the funny side of it
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
we used to live in a mid terrace, luckily I had great neighbours either side for a long time. Only when one side went to rent did we get some less than desirables. We had one lady who you could easily have been describing.. I'd have shortened it to "fishwife"
No point arguing, you're only wasting your own energy and getting yourself rattled.
Stay calm hon, hopefully you'll be out of there soon *hugs*
Jessie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Sorry you've got such a bitch of a neighbour,

If she is a tenant as apposed to a homeowner, i would write a letter of complaint about her abusive, threatening behaviour to her landlord. If shes a homeowner, again i'd get her sent a solicitors letter.

This lady (?) has no right to harass and threaten you and i would make it perfectly clear that it wont be tolerated.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >