Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2013, 06:20 AM

Behaving Oddly

So yesterday was a fairly normal day, the boy got taken out by my husband in the morning for his normal 45-50 minute runaround, then late afternoon I took him for a 40 minute on short lead walk around the lanes. Nothing especially spooky happened. He has gone back on a short lead for his second walk in the last week or so because he rarely had to go on a short lead and had begun to pull.

Last night he just couldn't settle and kept hanging around at the living room door whilst we were watching TV, I kept taking him out and he did his normal trick of charging down the garden to check if there were any rats, maybe had a pee at the bottom of the garden and then came back in again, then up again - I gave him water. He kept following one or both of us around and then final insult - I went to bed last night and he'd had a pee on the bed, it wasn't a flood just a dribble enough to make the duvet cover wet but not soaked through to the duvet.

I've no idea what caused his odd behaviour last night - any idea?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2013, 08:05 AM
We have this from time to time (not pee'ing on our bed) I put it down to '''they can hear something we cann't) but we are up and down like yoyo's

whats worst we have times 4

usually I end up leaving the back door open
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi Sandy maybe Bax isn't well, could he have a urinary tract infection.

Is he neutered , if not perhaps there is a bitch in season somewhere near.

Has his food changed recently or have there been any other changes.
I would keep an eye on him and think about a vet check to exclude any medical problems.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Recently, I came down every morning to find Bogie had done a big puddle - probably about five nights running.

Stopped now - I think it was probably some sort of mild bladder infection. He does often go in the canal and I wondered if he'd picked up something there.

Hope he's better soon.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2013, 10:07 AM
HMMM could be physical. He seemed pretty normal this morning, charged around like a crazy dog on his morning walk, ate all his food, does seem a little drowsy but often is in the mornings. I will see how he goes today and then consider a trip to the vets.

I noticed on his walk this morning that he was very interested in the sound of some cow mooing - I wonder if he could hear that last night and that freaked him out a little.

The other thing is he has been stealing a teddy bear and laying on our bed and just sucking it, my husband took it away from him (as it isn't a dog-toy) and I wonder if he went upstairs to find the teddy again, couldn't find it and pee-d instead to relieve some sort of anxiety he's experiencing. He is quite an anxious dog and exhibits OCD symptoms from time to time in relation to his environment.

Oh yes and he is neutered - bitches on heat don't seem to be an issue with him.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-10-2013, 08:08 AM
The only times I have had this are.
1. When he was on medication for a limp. (Side effect).
2. A couple of months ago when he drank sea water at a day at the beach.
Each time it was completely out of character and he seemed genuinely surprised at his little accident.
I think Mini is on the right track and he may have a urinary/kidney problem?