mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
Are American Staffs pitbulls then?
Yes

To be honest... I'm just glad he's living a good life now, regardless to what he is...
If he is illegal...There's not much I can do about it. I didn't breed or purposely go out to buy one. The only thing to do is take him down the vets to have him destroyed, and that's not gonna happen, so no point even discussing the subject!
Hang on, do thave a go at me, it was really a warning not to go around telling everyone that you have a illegal dog.

Very offended about the "evil faces " directed at me!
how rude
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Yes

Hang on, do thave a go at me, it was really a warning not to go around telling everyone that you have a illegal dog.

Very offended about the "evil faces " directed at me!
how rude
That wasn't meant evil at you, it was meant me being norty and not careing!!

Tbh, I didn't have no idea that they were illegal, but last time I mentioned my bully I had a big debate about pit bulls bcos someone knew the breeder and said way down the blood line that there was pit in her.

I just didn't want to go down that road!

xx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:31 PM
That wasn't meant evil at you, it was meant me being norty and not careing!!

Tbh, I didn't have no idea that they were illegal, but last time I mentioned my bully I had a big debate about pit bulls bcos someone knew the breeder and said way down the blood line that there was pit in her.

I just didn't want to go down that road!

xx
Just be careful what you say when you are out & about. Just Say staffy
!!!!
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:32 PM
!!!!

I shall do & thanks
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:35 PM
if we are going to go down the dom road....that photo would sort of disprove it? that lovely gsd is quite happy to have the two others above him on the higher ground while he lays chilling out lol

I often feel people over complicate dogs, more so when introducing them,

I hope your quiet spell continues.
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:37 PM
!!!!
I've just been told that because he's not full pit bull that he isn't illegal. Also when I had him castrated at the vets and I gave them his breed, nothing was said?!

Confused
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
if we are going to go down the dom road....that photo would sort of disprove it? that lovely gsd is quite happy to have the two others above him on the higher ground while he lays chilling out lol

I often feel people over complicate dogs, more so when introducing them,

I hope your quiet spell continues.

I think he's more Dom to strange dogs & just a chilled out dude with this family!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:45 PM
I think he's more Dom to strange dogs & just a chilled out dude with this family!
you may? be reading it different to how I would, rarely in my life have I met a true dominant dog, most dogs that act up or try to be the big guy are normally a wee bit worried about the impending situation, be that excitement that comes out all wrong, stress, aggression {you know a bit of Im going to get in there first with the gobbyness sort of thing...}

I guess much depends on what each individuals interpretation of dominance is,?
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
you may? be reading it different to how I would, rarely in my life have I met a true dominant dog, most dogs that act up or try to be the big guy are normally a wee bit worried about the impending situation, be that excitement that comes out all wrong, stress, aggression {you know a bit of Im going to get in there first with the gobbyness sort of thing...}

I guess much depends on what each individuals interpretation of dominance is,?
Do u know something, I can see your point. I think it is a lot of what you said, bcos when he's with us where he feels safe and secure, he's the biggest softy going. When he feels threatened or unsure, that's when he's aggressive. Ie Introducing both new dogs to him!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Do u know something, I can see your point. I think it is a lot of what you said, bcos when he's with us where he feels safe and secure, he's the biggest softy going. When he feels threatened or unsure, that's when he's aggressive. Ie Introducing both new dogs to him!
lol now all you need to do is figure out what his issue is, eg.....stressed, a bit of fear aggression or any one of the other 100 things it could be

I take it he only has a go at the other dog when your not around? or have I got that wrong?
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >