View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Yes they would go back, but it would be a complete last resort.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:27 PM
this is an interesting thread,

as for my lot, NO for the older two, kaos and tegan.
the younger two{vinnie and holly } were sent back to the breeder months ago...with a strong letter of complaint.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Meg , definitely, still in touch with her breeder, and would be happy they would do what was right by her.

Mack, no way.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 03:32 PM
If, god forbid I had to rehome any of my dogs then I would find homes for them myself. I know the breeders of the GSDs would be happy to have them back and to rehome them, but as I know both of them better than anyone then I would like to think I could find suitable homes (and I know the breeders would be happy for me to do this). I would also find a good and kind working home for my collie myself.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:14 PM
TBH, I think Flynn's breeder would deny all knowledge of him so I dont think he could go back (although I have documents to prove she bred him). Because he's a crossbreed he didnt come with a contract so there is nothing to say he has to go back and I wouldnt send him there anyway.

If push came to shove and I had to rehome him then he'd go to the GWPC Rescue.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Fiji wouldn't go back to her breeder, I would always keep her informed of what was happening, I am sure she would help find her a suitable home or trust my judgement to do so.

I would never part with her anyway, she is a little treasure.

I bred the others myself so I'm stuck with them
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Way back in the old days when I had show dogs my breeders were the most wonderful couple.Everyone who had a dog from them became part of their family and for the most part we owners were friends.They ALWAYS took their dogs back and with one exception kept returned dogs for life.I saw several dogs return to them in the 20 years I knew them and with only one exception the dogs walked in and made themselves at home on the sofa as if they'd never been away.
One couple who'd bought a pair of pups were particular friends of mine as they lived near me.We'd exercise our dogs together and car pool to shows.We fell out when I caught the wife hitting the bitch for not winning. I'd always thought this dog was the most beautiful I'd ever seen and she'd cleaned up as a pup but the wins tailed off in post grad as the competition was tougher.It was no surprise when the breeder rang me about 6 months later to tell me these people's two had been returned.
I'd never mentioned to anyone the cause of our falling out although everyone of course knew we were no longer speaking.
The breeder asked and I refused to say,but asked why she was asking as she wasn't the nosy type.
When the couple gave her the dogs they'd told her that as the dogs were still young they had no objection to them being sold on as long as "Charlie didn't get them".
The breeder asked me over to lunch as she was concerned about the bitch.As I knew her better than she did having spent so much time around her, would I come and see what I could make of it.In the 2 weeks she had been home she had cowered behind the couch not interacting with them or any of the other dogs.
The minute I walked in the little bitch flew out from behind the couch and went into ecstasies of joy.I had my lunch with her in my lap.No mean feat as this was not a small breed!
Needless to say she came home with me.
That was the only breeder I've ever had dogs from and when they died I took in 3 of the dogs their children didn't feel able to cope with.
When I finally find the borzoi I'm looking for it would be nice to find the same qualities I experienced with this lovely couple in the borzoi breeder.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Yes the EMDs would, it's in their contract, having said that, she wouldn't mind me rehoming them (if i actually really really had to)so long as she knew where they were.

My dogs do have 'godparents' too! I have a couple of friends who would take them on if anything were to happen to me. The queue for Rogue is very long!
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Mine would although there is a waiting list for them all lol, three of them just got back from a week of fun with Noobie's breeder while we have been away. They love going and playing with all their friends
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4