Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-01-2006, 07:05 PM

SBT Harness/Leather Harness

Hi,For those of you using leather harnesses.......How heavy is yours??
I have just got Saffy a pink leather harness for her to grow into but am quite surprised at the weight of it! It has no brasses on it,but is soft thick leather,also lined in suede.
Please tell me they are all quite weighty and that I havent bought a weight lifters belt by mistake! LOL!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by silv
Hi,For those of you using leather harnesses.......How heavy is yours??
I have just got Saffy a pink leather harness for her to grow into but am quite surprised at the weight of it! It has no brasses on it,but is soft thick leather,also lined in suede.
Please tell me they are all quite weighty and that I havent bought a weight lifters belt by mistake! LOL!
Some of them can feel like they weigh a wee bit, I used to have two plain leather ones they werent too heavy but I do remember picking up one in a pet shop to take a look at and it was mighty heavy had lots of brass right enough...everything is different though. Imagine how heavy the large leather harnesses are that you get for larger breeds
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:36 AM
LOL, that sounds like a lovely harness. Danny has a couple of webbing harnesses, didn't go for leather ones as he's always rolling around in wet grass etc. Got him a nice chunky leather collar though and 2 polo necks LOL
Hoochy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Im always worried about the look of the harness on my dog it tends to scare people off, doubt very much a pink one is scarey looking but not good on a male dog
I bought one of those lupi ones does anyone know if they are any good??
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I bought a pink leather staff harness for shadow, it weighs a tonne. She wont wear it, she actually goes and tries to hide when i get it out, it think it must be too heavy for her, and its slightly too big. I paid £45 for it, and its sitting in a drawer!
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Shadow the staff....Wonder if ours are the same??

Well I'm glad that they all seem heavyish! I just prefer a harness.
Minky.....saffy has a chunky padded pink collar and a pink hoody, which really doesnt fit now so will HAVE to replace it!