Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Do I Risk Leaving Her?

Looking for opinions please. I was supposed to go out this afternoon to meet my Sister at a Cider Festival, we've done this a couple of times and usually bike to the village where it's held and bike back after 2-3 hours. Basically I'm out for about 4 hours.

I've had to turn her down this time due to Isla's op, but I'm now wondering if I could go after all. Both dogs have had an hours walk (Isla on lead, obviously) and are laid flat out asleep. If I did go I would separate them and put Isla in the kitchen with the baby gate closed, that way there is nothing she could get caught on and nothing she could bounce up and down on. The only advice we were given about her eye was to keep the cone on to prevent any scratching to it.

Would it be unreasonable to leave her for a few hours, or should I just stay at home and stare at 2 sleeping dogs?
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I'd go out hun, just make sure all precautions are taken and go out and enjoy your day xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
I'd go out hun, just make sure all precautions are taken and go out and enjoy your day xx
I'm tempted I must admit, the chance of some fun is slightly outweighing the guilt at the moment!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
You leave her for wot 8 hours at night if you are a heavy sleeper she could wander around without you knowing.
If you are happy that she is ok j would go
ATD x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
You leave her for wot 8 hours at night if you are a heavy sleeper she could wander around without you knowing.
If you are happy that she is ok j would go
ATD x
Good point, she slept on my bed last night but often sleeps downstairs if she chooses and then comes up to wake me in the morning.

Oh dear, I think I might've just talked myself in to an afternoon drinky!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Hope you went for it xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Hope you went for it xx
Oh did I!

They both seemed fine when I got back, after another 1 hour walk and her Tea, Isla is now flaked out on my lap!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I had to leave Cherry in the mornings when I worked after her cataract operation and she was fine. I work part-time and just made sure she was separated from Parker in case he got a bit bouncy and knocked her.

Glad she was ok and you had a good time.