Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I agree with that unless it's one of the ex communist countries where (Due to some previous crime) I'm currently living

OH came fuming out of Interspar recently. She had been in the que at the checkout and was next to receive the attentions of the checkout lady when said lady just got up and walked away. No explanation, no apology

Of course OH also called in to Customer Service before leaving and demanded to speak to the manager, got some apology and something about not having enough staff blah blah.

So you see H.................it could be worse But Boobahs OH is right, when you see how they do it in America, or Sweeden, or such, it really does make you wonder what the future is for UK.
He says no-one does it better than the grand ol usa,xxxxxxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Suffice to say, Sue, you're in!

thanks vicki
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by arctic.wolf View Post
all you grumpy old tarts out there, please spare a thought for all of us that work in charity shops and suffer from dumb customer syndrome lol
The clothes we sell are obviously donated, we don't have it in the next size up, and we don't have the curtains in a slightly darker shade of blue, and another pair of the same shoes you saw in here 6 weeks ago, but you didn't buy them then.
we just have to smile, be polite and courteous, when we just want to scream f*** off you dumb gormless cow !!!!!

rant over
Sorry, but you're not allowed to rant from the other side of the fence in my thread - that's not allowed! It's a known fact that the customer is always right, we pay the wages, and deserve to be treated with some iota of respect, no matter how rude some of us are, or how dumb, or just plain normal and polite like the likes of me. They must do some kind of training course to be put behind the tills, the front line for representing the company they work for, be it Tesco or anywhere. I've also done my bit for the local charity shop, and I was always pleasant no matter what dumb questions I was asked, but then I was a volunteer! Maybe that's the answer, don't blooming pay them until they learn how to respect the customer who's keeping them in a job!

Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Sorry but thats a trifle out of order.It seems the people who are often spending their hard earned cash are the ones who pay the wages.It doesn't matter what they are looking for,they deserve to be treated with a little more dignity,
Dignity yes, I like that word Boobah,especially when they're twice their age!

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I agree with that unless it's one of the ex communist countries where (Due to some previous crime) I'm currently living

OH came fuming out of Interspar recently. She had been in the que at the checkout and was next to receive the attentions of the checkout lady when said lady just got up and walked away. No explanation, no apology

Of course OH also called in to Customer Service before leaving and demanded to speak to the manager, got some apology and something about not having enough staff blah blah.

So you see H.................it could be worse But Boobahs OH is right, when you see how they do it in America, or Sweeden, or such, it really does make you wonder what the future is for UK.
NOt looking good I would say H!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sorry, but you're not allowed to rant from the other side of the fence in my thread - that's not allowed! It's a known fact that the customer is always right, we pay the wages, and deserve to be treated with some iota of respect, no matter how rude some of us are, or how dumb, or just plain normal and polite like the likes of me. They must do some kind of training course to be put behind the tills, the front line for representing the company they work for, be it Tesco or anywhere. I've also done my bit for the local charity shop, and I was always pleasant no matter what dumb questions I was asked, but then I was a volunteer! Maybe that's the answer, don't blooming pay them until they learn how to respect the customer who's keeping them in a job!

Dignity yes, I like that word Boobah,especially when they're twice their age!

NOt looking good I would say H!

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 A huge round of applause from Thee Boobah.Well said gal,couldn't have said better myself,your dynamite hun,xxxxxxxxxxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm really beginning to wonder if it's me??? Why are my nerves and temper tested so much when on a mere shopping trip nowadays? Why do we have to be intimidated by these shop assistants be it Tesco or wherever!!

First Rant: Tesco's. Only popped in for a few bits so got a basket, half filled it, made sure I counted that I only had TEN ITEMS otherwise I would have been quakeing in my boots in the basket queue Unloaded stuff, and lo and behold it was changeover time, but then hey, that always happens too doesn't it? BUT, this time was different, the girl going off began to hold a long drawn out conversation with the girl who had just arrived, and said how she had been waiting for her to come coz she wanted to talk to her about her gyneacological problems! Oh yes!!! I heard it all, I heard how it was "just like razor blades" too!!!!! NOw as you well know, I'm not one to keep my mouth shut at times like this, and when the girl EVENTUALLY moved out of the way to let the new girl get on with it and went off, the lady apologised for the wait!!!! I told her it should have been the OTHER girl who should have apologised to me!!! She then went on about how she had problems, but I stopped her dead and said I'd already heard all about those, didn't want to hear it for a 2nd time, coz was only here to do my shopping, pay for it and get out!!! Quick!!!!

On my way past Customer Service, I just couldn't help myself!!!! I collared this nice young man and asked him whether the girls on the checkouts had any other duties to perform such as Customer Service? He replied that they did, to which I told him "well, I didn't get any!!!!" I also told him that instead of any customer service, I had to be witness to a very long drawn out conversation about the girl and her gyneacological problems, or rather "down below" as she had so politely put it!!! He assured me once I pointed out the checkout that management would be having words, and as I thanked him and walked away, I also added that "it's like razor blades ya know"!!!!!!!!!

Next Rant: My Local Doctor's Surgery/Chemist shop. Popped in to pick up my mother's prescription, and was running a bit late, as I'd left Mum too long, well, longer than I like in case she has a fall. So, there I am in an almost empty, normally manic busy, chemist shop adjoining the surgery. One woman serving, so I stand patiently waiting. This woman goes on and on about she's had blood tests, blah, blah, bl**dy blah, so she gets told to take her form over to the doctor's window, but then she says she wants lots of things as well today Glanced up at the clock and saw I'd been standing there nearly 10 minutes!!! Hang on, I thought, this is gonna be a long one, so I looked over the top of the dispensing cabinets and lo and behold there were 2 FURTHER ASSISTANTS standing there having a nice little chat, and they looked back at me, but actually DID nothing!!! So, when the assistant who was actually doing the job she is paid to do, came over to my direction, still talking to the woman she's serving and says "and you want what?" to which I replied (even though she wasn't actually talking to me!! ) "I'd like to be served please"!!!! She looked up at me and said "d'ya wot?" so I repeated again "I'd like to be served please, I'm in a hurry", so she gave me a very strange look (even though I know her quite well she's got a gsd that we meet up with sometimes!) turned around and saw the other two, still heavilly engrossed in their interesting (not!) conversation, and called out to one of them, who SURPRISINGLY, very surprisingly, looked over at me and thought "tcht, I've got to leave our cosy little chat and go and SERVE??????" Words bl**dy fail me!!!!!!

I'm really beginning to wonder if it's actually ME, but surely not??? Why are we having to be so blooming intimidated by this new generation of shop assistants??? I know in our day it used to tick us off constantly being asked "can I help you" to which we'd always answer "no thanks, I'm alright", but perleeeaze to ignore us is quite beyond me when this is a job they have chosen to do in life, they get paid to do it, so why the blooming heck don't they knuckle down and get on with it then!!!! GRRRR

Rant over! Thanks for listening! Lol! I'm definitely gonna be on one again today I can see it coming! Why am I still laughing???? Maybe I AM mad!!!!
Oh H you sure do have shopping days from hell , It must be great for these people who get payed for standing chatting all day , If i was to do that id be on my jaxy at the side of the kirb in no time xxdk
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I also get extremely pi**ed, off with rude, useless, ignorant shop assistants. I find our local Currys shop the worst I have ever been in.

But I can speak from both sides of the counter.
Most charity shop assistants are not paid, so no ones hard earned cash going to waste here, they do it to raise money for their chosen charity, But have to put up with the most rude, arrogant customers, who think that shop assistants are all beneath them, we serve them with a smile and remember the customer is always right.

and while I am in rant mode

the thing that really pi**ses me off, is when I only have one thing to pay for in the supermarket, someone doing their monthly shop pushes in front of me, they have bought all the contents of the reduced to clear, which take the poor till assistant ages to pick all the stupid yellow stickers off before she can scan them in the till, then when you think they have finished ....... they need credit top up on their phone, and then..... oh yes they had some coupons to use....... and then...... they pay in exact change which seems to take them forever to count..... why do I always get stuck behind this person wherever I shop, they must make clones just to pi** me off

is that enough ranting to join you grumpy old tarts lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Well, you're getting there, but you have to earn a place in our very exclusive club, plus of course Vicki is in charge so you'll have to get past her first, and that won't be easy!!!!

Those blooming lights are still on Dave said I mustn't do a letter tomorrow, but to give them the week-end to get it sorted, then give them my letter on Monday, I'm itching though!!!!

NOw where shall I go shopping tomorrow then????? Hmmmmm, maybe M & S, haven't been there for a while!!!! Oh yes, just remembered, I've got to sort them out too, after I stood in the queue for nearly an hour before Christmas to collect my ordered meat, got fed up, grabbed a turkey off the shelf and came home, phoned them, spoke to 2 different managers, who have promised me I will get my £20 deposit back if I go to Customer Services with my original order! They did agree the queue was pretty horrendous the day and time I went in, and also understood why I came home, so we'll see on that one! Watch this space! Only thing is, I hope they still remember how long that queue was, and my telephone calls? Watch out M & S, here I come!!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes, I'm head GOT I'm afraid, but as far as I can see, everyone who has posted in this thread is a definite candidate
Oh, and Arctic Wolf - I see exactly where you're coming from regarding dozy customers in charity shops.....
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 07:35 PM
can i join please, im a grumpy ole bird (so the OH tells me )
my bain is doctors receptionist who think they are medically qualified ive had a few arguments with them.
also till operators, was in a long Q just b4 christmas it came to change over time, where the boy just had to open his christmas card some one had given to him, then he had to show it to his neighbour
my daughter was turned down for a job a while back as she didnt speak Polish and yes we was in england.
oh but i did get a result today. months ago we moved and i had told the phone company (pipex) the date that we moved. and what happened, they failed to cut off the phone, well the new tenants used the phone ran up a huge bill. so i was arguing with pipex that it wasnt me who owed the money. they took the money out of my account, which i didnt have to cover., so went into the red. lots of sharges ect. well PIPEX agreed to pay me 52 quid back, but they would credit it to my account, but as i was with bt.i wanted the money, well 10 calls later, i get fed up and get in touch with otelo. they took on my case, and i now have a chq for a100 quid coming my way.
so little person 1 pipex 0
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
can i join please, im a grumpy ole bird (so the OH tells me )
my bain is doctors receptionist who think they are medically qualified ive had a few arguments with them.
also till operators, was in a long Q just b4 christmas it came to change over time, where the boy just had to open his christmas card some one had given to him, then he had to show it to his neighbour
my daughter was turned down for a job a while back as she didnt speak Polish and yes we was in england.
oh but i did get a result today. months ago we moved and i had told the phone company (pipex) the date that we moved. and what happened, they failed to cut off the phone, well the new tenants used the phone ran up a huge bill. so i was arguing with pipex that it wasnt me who owed the money. they took the money out of my account, which i didnt have to cover., so went into the red. lots of sharges ect. well PIPEX agreed to pay me 52 quid back, but they would credit it to my account, but as i was with bt.i wanted the money, well 10 calls later, i get fed up and get in touch with otelo. they took on my case, and i now have a chq for a100 quid coming my way.
so little person 1 pipex 0
You go, girl!
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »