Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 07:13 PM

Childhood memories

Went to mum's today and she was sorting through some old photo's After dying a death at some of the clothes she MADE me wear I nabbed these of my childhood dogs

The memories came flooding back - I had so many adventures, living in Wales as I did and the freedom I had just to roam with them, we would go walkies up Snowdon to the waterfall for fun, they're also why I hate cows as we got chased and barely made it out the field in time, I swear I've never seen my mum move so fast or vault a wall so well!! they camped out with us and ruined soooo many jumpers by playing tuggy with the sleeves while I had it on

Sorry the quality isn't great bit then again the camera's weren't the best in the 70's either

Firstly this is Raven and Tri Rough Collie, mum already had him when I was born and evidently I learnt to walk by grabbing onto his fur and pulling myself up

When he passed, mum got Merry another Tri but a bitch this time

Merry had a litter and mum kept one of the pups, Ember, here with me and my older brother

(some things never change, I still live in my wellies and a daft hat )

Merry again with me, my mum and my twin cousins

When they passed and we moved back to Doncaster mum got Lacey - here with mums new Yorkie pup

I came across this pic, I'd forgotten all about Prince, he came to stay at mums guest house in Wales every year for years and we just gelled and would spend the whole fortnight playing on the beach together

And lastly, a random one of me on my first riding lesson

Gosh, I feel all melancholy now (and old) how time flies Rough's have always been my favourite breed and I guess this shows why
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Looking at photographs can bring a host of memories Leanne , I grew up with a Rough Collie
Such beautiful dogs...
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Stunning photos! I love looking at old photos.

You were so fortunate to grow up around such beautiful dogs. I would have killed for a dog of my own as a child, but wasn't allowed one I used to borrow everyone else's and one of those dogs was a very beautiful and gentle Rough Collie called Han.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Luke on here has a gorgeous sable that really reminds me of Ember, but it's such a shame you don't see them about anymore, I can't remember the last time I saw one in real life
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Lovely pics, old photos bring back some lovely memories.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2012, 10:00 AM
They are lovely photos, now they are proper collies! Harder, though not impossible, to find nowdays! You don't see tri's that commonly with as strong markings and deep tan as what all yours did, which is a shame! Lovely lovely photos, you had a very lucky childhood!
Arantius
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Lovely pics and great memories to have.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
They are lovely photos, now they are proper collies! Harder, though not impossible, to find nowdays! You don't see tri's that commonly with as strong markings and deep tan as what all yours did, which is a shame! Lovely lovely photos, you had a very lucky childhood!

I was hoping you'd see them It's a shame they are in B&W tho

How's your young man coming along? Need some update piccies please
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
I was hoping you'd see them It's a shame they are in B&W tho

How's your young man coming along? Need some update piccies please
It was very nostalgic, they are very like the roughs my grand & great grandparents had when I was growing up. One of there was a huge tri mismark boy though, solid black and tan and absolutely perfect!
His lordship is nearly one now, that's a point I haven't took any photos lately! I'll try remember the camera at some point today! He's loosing the puppy look now, though he's from very slow maturing lines so I do wonder exactly how tall he will end up...I have a feeling he will make more of a classic collie in size and conformation. I also think eventually, maybe another year or two, he will end up a very dark shaded/mahogany sable judging by how dark he's gone after a recent moult.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2012, 03:36 PM
They are lovely photos Leanne. What a wonderful place for dogs and children to play together.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >