Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I agree with you if this was the first time, but it isn't.

She has had other "accidental" pregnancies.

My point is that people should start to be more responsible and take the proper precautions.

It doesn't matter how long she has owned the bitch. If she had no intention of breeding her, she should of had her spayed in the beginning.

I must admit that I'm a little surprised that it wasn't already spayed if it came from a rescue centre, because all rescue centres around my way spay bitches before they are rehomed.
I have to agree with Colin, the first litter maybe view as accidental but to class others just shows me irresponsible on behalf of the owner, and seeing that she knew the dog had gotten to the bitch why didn't she ring a vet to ask questions then she would have found out about th jab!
and then on top she lets it happen again.
Your not a silly person you knew it could hppen so why didn't you take steps to keep them apart before the mating an kept apart until the season is well and truly over
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Sorry , but I have to agree with many others on this, once can be deemed as an accident twice is intentional.

I don't see where anyone is berating the OP , for her mistakes, as far as I can see the OP has not come on here looking for help, rather just making a statement that her bitch may be pregnant. to allow this to happen twice is no accident, and to say she did not know the dog was intact, well come on, unless you came from under the proverbial mulberry bush, the evidence is their to see in all its glory.

Sadly we are seeing one more byb added to the list, as I understand it , both dogs are rescue, so probably don't have any papers, resulting in the pups not being able to be registered with the KC, let alone having no health testing for the breed.

Using the excuse "what is done, is done" is not going to help , where will it help the dogs involved or resulting pups from these dogs, all it does is give a thumbs up for this type of breeding.

It`s sad to say, but if the OP had no intention of breeding these dogs together, she would have taken the bitch to the vets immediately after the "accident" happened to make sure no pups resulted from it.

Excusing BYB , makes us sound like we condone it...and I am afraid I cant.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 09:52 PM
I agree with jackbox and Colin, NO mistakes here, just plain irresponsible breeding without health testing to supply the public pet market, total disgrace.
Dawn.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Using the excuse "what is done, is done" is not going to help , where will it help the dogs involved or resulting pups from these dogs, all it does is give a thumbs up for this type of breeding.

It`s sad to say, but if the OP had no intention of breeding these dogs together, she would have taken the bitch to the vets immediately after the "accident" happened to make sure no pups resulted from it.

Excusing BYB , makes us sound like we condone it...and I am afraid I cant.
I have to agree with you there, and I won't condone it
even if you had bed eyesight and couldn't see the fruit(as someone put it) all they had to do was test the fruit by giving them a squeeze to see if there were pits in there!
I must admit that was the first time I heard that excuse I didn't see his nuts. And as the Op had pointed out money wasnt a problem so there really was no excuse why this poor bitch had to go through with this whelp other then the op wanted it
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree also.
Yes, perhaps some wording here and there could have been better, but I have to ask which is worst - a few `harsh` words - or an unplanned litter of puppies will have to be found homes when there are already precious few homes for so many as it is - largely because of exactly this sort of occurrence - and of a breed riddled with dreadful health problems for whom health testing is so crucial for so many ailments, from dogs which may or my not be rescues but were certainly re-homes, and a case which may possibly be the second time such an `accident` has happened to the same person.
Advice has already been offered regarding whelping etc, but for me, as a dedicated pro-rescue person, all I can do is sit and cry with frustration for yet another unplanned, [ presumably ], litter under the worst circumstances which was entirely preventable
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm still sceptical as to whether it was actually an accident and the reason for my harshness. I think it was intentional because in the first post the OP says she did everything to keep them apart and they mated on accident, then in her second she said she thought her male was castrated !

If she was under the assumption he was castrated, WHY did she feel the need to keep them apart ?

It doesn't add up.

Even my children know what a dogs' Billies look like !
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I have made my thoughts clear, so I am not going into it again. What I will say is how shocked I am that people say because she has had an accidental once its not possible to have a 2nd "accident". I know there are many people make more than the same mistake twice, not just in the dog world but in all other forms of life....

Also while some feel storngly enough to use "harsh words" remember this, there maybe people who come along here maybe in a situation where they have an unplanned litter wanting advice, they see this thread and feel they may get the same treatment and not bother posting, so remember, it maybe right to be harsh to get your point across, but you must realise it may push others away.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 11:23 PM
maybe she just posted for free advertising of her up and coming litter

Sorry just wanted to throw in my sepeculation too! LOL
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I have made my thoughts clear, so I am not going into it again. What I will say is there is how shocked I am that people say because she has had an accidental once its not possible to have a 2nd "accident". I know there are many people make more than the same mistake twice, not just in the dog world but in all other forms of life....

Also while some feel storngly enough to use "harsh words" remember this, there maybe people who come along here maybe in a situation where they have an unplanned litter wanting advice, they see this thread and feel they may get the same treatment and not bother posting, so remember, it maybe right to be harsh to get your point across, but you must realise it may push others away.
Have to agree with you there Stormey. It would be a wonderful world I suppose if we were all perfect but we are not.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
maybe she just posted for free advertising of her up and coming litter

Sorry just wanted to throw in my sepeculation too! LOL
That crossed my mind too
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >