Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 05:46 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Hope everyone is well this morning and the doglets too, I had a great night's sleep hence the reason I'm sitting here typing this at 6.30 am. Definitely a dark autumnal morning, had lots of rain overnight but it's quiet, still and dry now and they've promised us sunshine by 9am.

Going to pay the rent on the big van this morning, cos if I pay it before the end of September for 2014, I not only get £200 quidd off the bill, but also a £75 voucher to spend on the park, but I will give that to somebody I know up there cos I would never use it, as it can only be used on site for food etc.

Then I'm off to Dunelms on a sewing machine mission cos I want to get these curtains altered and put up in there over the winter when I give it all a thorough revamp ready for next year. If I sell the small van, I will put that young couple in it over the winter, which will keep it nice and aired and lived in, so I might not get a chance if I don't do it soon.

Might do an Asda run and see what's lurking in their casualty today, cos I'm now addicted to their seriously big cupcakes, very moorish, and I'm sure there are less calories in a thin slice of that than the can of coke I used to drink after a nanny nap.

Enjoy your day everyone, I'll be off out early with Zena this morning, even though she's gone back to bed for a snooze, bless here. She still isn't scratching so I'm going to buy a small packet of non bio powder for her bedding in the future along with a different conditioner and see how she goes. As soon as we can get down that beach I will bath her when we get back, but that'll be next week when the tide is right.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2013, 05:54 AM
Morning Helena.
Seems dry out there at the moment and I will be looking forward to the sunshine if it arrives.
Good luck in your sewing machine quest.

Glad to read Zena seems to of recovered from her allergy I don't use conditioner on the dog bedding.

I am running Gorden to the tube this morning as I need my car to meet my friend for lunch today. Well I say lunch it may be just coffee or one of those big glasses of coke for a couple of quid with free top ups. We're both skint.
Right pain as I then have to turn out to pick him at 7pm tonight too.
I will be glad when we get some money to fix his brakes.

I hope all poorly humans and non humans feel better today.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Morning Helena and everyone else! I just got back from a late walk with Oliver as it was raining earlier. Thought I'd check if the thread was posted yet.

I got those pics of the toes I had to carve for Queen Anne's leg lol. I didn't get the before I glued the block on or the before I rough shaped them pics, but I have the rough shaped and the finished sanding pics... I'll take pics of them when I'm done finishing them too. But here they are...

Before

After

Have a good morning all. .. I'm going to bed now lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 06:13 AM
Morning Lynn, that's a pain isn't it, but if it means a chance to relax with a friend, then that's a good thing. It won't be long now Lynn before Gorden's wages start rolling in, but I do know what it's like to be where you are now.xxx

Morning Sara, oh wow, we have a budding carpenter in our midst, fantastic job you've done there, our Losos will be well impressed with that I love using the sander, but nothing as fancy as that, I only use it as a labour saving device to sand down something I'm going to paint.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2013, 07:01 AM
It is Helena. Also Dillon plays up merry hell when I get back so in and out 3 times today is going to make him a very naughty boy.
I have just had to raise my voice to him now and stomp off he has decided it is a better option to wait in the garden while I have my cuppa and he waits for his walk.

Wow Sara good job.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn, Sara and fellow members,

23 degrees by Sunday So that really cheered me up Off to visit Mum this morning with dogs (and OH). My eldest son popped in this morning just after 7 to collect his mail and a package that had been delivered and he is feeling really grotty with a cold and chest infection. I gave him a course of abs that I've kept here (from when I was having horrendous dental problems) as he's off to the army camp at Aldershot (he's the phsio for their rugby) for the day .... not ideal when you have a chest infection

Helena -I hope you find a nice sewing machine and manage to get those curtains done. Enjoy your walk with Zena.
Lynn - You are probably back from dropping Gorden off now at the tube. Enjoy your lunch (or just drink ) with your friend which will be nice to have a catch-up and laugh.
Sara - Wow you are very talented - what a great job you've done That must be so satisfying being able to restore a piece of furniture to its former glory.

Hi to anyone else who has posted. I'll catch up at lunch time.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning H and all,
A fleeting visit from me again I am afraid as I am off to work shortly. All I need to do now is win the lottery and become a lady of leisure and life would be perfect .
have a good day all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Morning all!

Sara
That is SO impressive. You are a skilled craftsperson.

Lynn
Enjoy a natter with your pal. Friendship is free thank goodness. Not long now until you won't have to worry so much about the pennies. I'm sure times like today help to reassure you you are doing the right thing in selling up to shed the mortgage.

Helena
Am I understanding it correctly that you've sold the small van but have someone moving into it (in the meantime or what?)

I've woken up with purpose today. I will be seeing Sabby later this evening when he is home from work and give him one of my surrogate MUM LECTURES. I'm now getting sick to the back teeth of listening to other peoples' tales of woe. If they aren't skilled enough to earn a decent wage or find work - well they will have to accept that they are not 'entitled' to the same things as those who are skilled and earning more. If you can't afford the rent - you must either find a cheaper place or arrange to share with someone and spread the load.

Sabby with his huge great bluddy limo car driving to Livadia and back again daily for his job - probably costs him more in petrol daily than I use in a month (not to mention the high insurance and road tax and repairs) I drive an economy car because it keeps the cost of owning it right down low.

In my new 'resolved' mood I knocked on Lucia's door at 8.30 to ask WHEN they would be paying me the 300 I lent them as they borrowed it saying would it be OK to wait 2 weeks (I usually lend them 200 for one week at the end of every month til their pay is thro) I agreed to that and then about a week ago she called down (when it was already late) asking if I could please wait one more week. Well I wanted that cash to take to the developer today as I have to shell out about 500 for commons.

She is VERY sorry but can I now wait until Monday? Why on earth didn't they come to ME first not wait until I was knocking to ask for it? That's the last 'bridging loan' they'll be getting from me now.

I am now about to email the developer again and put off today's meeting. I will wait until I've seen Sabby again and got that money from Lucia and be in a better position to tell him what is happening with the flats.

I now no longer intend to pay for and sublet my old one. But utilities on it are still in my name and I usually pay them and recoup the money from Sabby. Way things are with him I just don't need the uncertainty every month. It can bluddy stay empty! That leave just 2 flats for that owner and I will make it clear I will still collect the rents for them but not be involved in ANYTHING else.

I do wonder how some people reached adulthood with them being so bluddy helpless and hapless. And I'm talking about some of the owners as well as the tenants!

So no developers for me today yay! I will clean my flat instead as the sand and dust storm has died down. And the place is absolutely filthy where I kept doors open - dry leaves and sand everywhere. I've got HENRY in the middle of the floor here ready to tackle it once I've had another coffee. (Of course I've got my assistant Bella here too - she always helps a lot NOT) the usual tug o war with every rug and running away from the hoover and then riding on the mop!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Good morning fellow members very wet everywhere and dull, I am hoping it dries up later.

I have Hannah today so a day of playing ahead . Enjoy your day everyone
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Bev - Wouldn't a big (even a small) lottery win be just perfect I hope you day goes well.

Pat - You poor thing, you are clearly too understanding with these renters but as you say why the heck should you deal with all the non and late payments .... it really isn't fair as you are meant to be living the ideal life over there ... sun, sea, drinks, ciggies and choklit That would really rile me too having Sabby driving round in a huge gas-guzzling vehicle but claiming he has no money I hope you achieve all you hope to today and if you don't you can sit on that wonderful balcony of yours with Bella and a book

I've just taken the dogs down to the dead-end which is only a 1/4 hour walk but everything was achieved and I'm running a little late as I've still got to wash my hair before I go to Mums. The dogs won't be getting their morning sleep anyway and a long walk this afternoon will suffice.

I hope any poorly dogs and people are feeling better today.

** Hi Mini enjoy your 'play-day' .... you snuck in while I was typing *****
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »