View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2013, 05:55 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

And hello to the 1st May. Pinch and a punch for the first of the month and White rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits and all that if you are suspicous.
Now remember n'er cast a clout till this month is out. Not that you want to at the moment.
Ok silly stuff over.

Chilly here but looks like it has the promise of brightening up to another sunny day. I am up earlier today through my choice again not Dillon's who has had a lie on the sofa with me and is now on his bed.
We will be walking earlier today as I will be running Michael to the tube at 9.30 so will feed Dillon earlier and make sure we are back in time for 9.30. We are both enjoying our walks up the field and through the woods now it is drying off.
If the sun shines or is nice and bright I may have a go with the camera for the inside pics today. We were discussing yesterday when we send them over about letting the agent know we are disappointed with the lack of communication from them and viewings. Not one in 5 weeks.
I am also re-writing the details for them I know they will be slightly changed this week for the paper but we need a better write up all the house details are fine but I feel we need to push how quiet the area is and all the natural beauty we have around it and that all that natural beauty is nature reserve outside our front door.
Also boring housework to do.

I noticed on the late night section of the daily thread all the interesting talk about finding long lost relatives its so interesting always fancied doing it myself but being adopted it seems to make it more confusing. I will one day maybe look into both families. I only have my biological mothers name but would like to find out more about my biological father. I have my suspicions on that side of things.

June sending (((hugs))) .
Jackie hoping that Millie is ok.
Helena hope you managed a quieter day yesterday. I did pick up something about a very expensive lamp in TK Maxx not sure whether you bought it or not.
Lorraine did I see you got your assignment finished and sent ? I also saw your dad is struggling. I hope he can settle soon and that your mum is doing ok. This must all be very stressful for you.
Linda hope Loki is still doing well.
Malka hope Pereg is too and that Da booger hasn't disturbed your sleep too much.
Bev hope that headache has subsided and not reared its ugly head again and that Lily is holding up.
Sorry if I have missed anyone to those that I may of missed get well soon and furry friends too.

Catch you all later. have a safe and enjoyable Wednesday.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Morning Lynn and happy May to you!
I bet HRH Philip is you father eh, eh ?
You are fairly close to London, can you hop on a train and have a day doing a search amongst the national records.
I don't know how easy it is but it is how my brother found me. But he had dates names etc. Good luck anyway.
Another gorgeous day, I read in yesterdays paper we are heading for another drought
See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning Lynn and happy May to you!
I bet HRH Philip is you father eh, eh ?
You are fairly close to London, can you hop on a train and have a day doing a search amongst the national records.
I don't know how easy it is but it is how my brother found me. But he had dates names etc. Good luck anyway.
Another gorgeous day, I read in yesterdays paper we are heading for another drought
See you all later.
Morning Jenny. We did that a few years ago I have known since I was 5 I was adopted but I wanted to delve a bit deeper when I got to 40. Had a bit of a shock when I realised I was in a totally different section and that my surname had been different and my christian name. It was a bit mind blowing.
I know I have two half brothers but when all the adoption was sorted 3rd party adoption with a social worker involved too you could do that then it was made quite clear in the letters that my biological mother wanted nothing to do with me or her family. She had been a naughty girl. .
Thing is I think I know the family and had been friends with cousins for most of my young life without realising it. It would just be nice to know if my suspicions are true. One day maybe.

Enjoy the lovely weather. Drought after all the snow and rain.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Morning Lynn & Jenny & anybody else that sneaks in while I'm typing one finger at a time on the iPad.
Well the year is nearly half over already & we've still not had any proper summer. Sorry to depress you all saying that. It does look as though its going to be a nice day here though - if it's not windy.
Lynn you should get the EA to at least reduce their commission - you're doing all their work for them.
Nothing planned here - same old same old.
Have a good day & enjoy the sun if you've got it.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Headache is back and I feel ridiculously tired and fuzzy headed with it. Have to try to rise above it though as my friend has gone to Portugal and I am going in to see to the elderly lady she cares for every morning while she is gone and that involves a 10 mile round trip. I can't not go as she will be relying on me and there is nobody else.

I went back to work yesterday as well, so think thats taken it out of me a bit.

Lynn I am glad Dillon seems much more settled now, hopefully its his hormones subsiding.

I am also fascinated by ancestory. I did try a couple of years ago to trace my family back, but as both Great grandparents on both sides were Romany Gypsies I drew a blank at them as I know many didn't register themsleves. I did find a site where you can trace Romany gypsy families but couldn't afford to pay what they charged to search the site.

Anyway have a good day all and enjoy the sun.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning Lynn & Jenny & anybody else that sneaks in while I'm typing one finger at a time on the iPad.
Well the year is nearly half over already & we've still not had any proper summer. Sorry to depress you all saying that. It does look as though its going to be a nice day here though - if it's not windy.
Lynn you should get the EA to at least reduce their commission - you're doing all their work for them.
Nothing planned here - same old same old.
Have a good day & enjoy the sun if you've got it.
Morning Lynne hope the weather stays nice for
you.
We have already negotiated the commission and we are now wondering if that has anything to do with the situation they are pushing the full commission houses first.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Morning Lynn and all

It's going to be a lovely day here, after walking the dogs I am planning on sorting the shed, I could do with a skip!

We had a lovely afternoon on Hayling Island yesterday, cousin was beaming. I was a bit naughty and ordered an apple crumble to go with my cup of tea, cousin had an ice cream doesn't take much to make me happy!

I am also researching my family tree although I haven't done any lately. I am planning on revisiting the area where some of my family came from when I am away in the caravan. I hope you can find out more Lynn it must niggle away at you.

Sorry your headache is back Bev, take it easy don't rush about.

I hope your spiders stay at bay today Jenny, RIP spider you shouldn't have been so scary!

Have a lovely day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2013, 07:05 AM

Well it is a new month and it cannot be worse than the last one, so fingers crossed...

Calendar duly turned over, Da Booger duly Frontlined, three urgent [well they have been urgent for nearly a month] duly answered... but there are still a couple in Drafts that I really must finish and send off.

Da Booger duly decided she needed a pee less than 2 hours after we went to bed but I think that was the only time [can you tell that I am in dire need of more strong black coffee?]

Lynn, your house looks lovely from the outside, in such a peaceful area as well - and I am sure the inside is just as lovely, so if only that bloomin' EA would actually do some work I am sure it will be snapped up quickly. I know that I would love to have a nature reserve outside my front door.

On the subject of tracing families, my maternal grandmother, who died when Mother was only 19, was the oldest of 13 so Mother had so many cousins - I vaguely remember the occasional family get-together, some weddings, some funerals - but the last I saw of any were three of her cousins who I managed to find and invited to my son's Bar Mitzva [not a "do" - just lunch back at my home after the service].

I had previously traced a couple of her aunts, plus some of my father's family when he died some years earlier, so a few were able to turn up for his funeral - a bit tricky as he died on a Friday morning [too late to be laid to rest before sunset] so it was at midday on the Sunday.

I must have loads of second cousins, second cousins once-removed, and so on and so forth, but have no idea where any of them are. As for my own cousins - same thing. What a totally dysfunctional family.

Right, this will not get the vegetables done so I had better make a start on them as they will not start without me!

Have a good day everyone, and Bev - sorry that your headache has come back.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Good morning Lynn, and fellow members,

I expected to open the curtains to sunshine again as the forecast is lovely for today - but to dismay we have a very white/grey sky and no sign of sun .

Lynn - What a good boy Dillon has been again at night. It really does make a difference doesn't it when we wake up before the dogs If your new interior photos are anything like as good as the exterior ones you took, you should be on to a winner.

Jenny - A DROUGHT Mind you the ground is still so water-logged here that I don't think I'm bothered if we have a 'summer' of no rain. It is fascinating hearing about people finding long lost relatives

Bev - I'm so sorry about your headache returning and I'm sure work yesterday has probably taken it out of you. Good luck with you morning visit - really sweet of you.

Taffsmum - Ssssssh that we've nearly reached 6 months .... otherwise all the members will be queuing up to jump off Beachy Head I hope you enjoy your day and dog walk.

I'm off to Painshill this morning to meet my friend with her greyhounds which I'm really looking forward to - I just hope the sun comes out.

Enjoy your day!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Good morning fellow members a beautiful spring morning and I am wondering if I dare get the runner bean canes down from the roof of the garage or if this action will prompt another couple of inches of snow or maybe a monsoon like last year

I am so behind in the garden like the rest of the country so must have a real go at it this weekend.
Chloe will be pleased, she loves it when I am gardening busying herself carrying pruning's or the trowel around .

Enjoy your day everyone...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »