View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2004, 10:16 AM
It depends on what is causing the intolerance. Different dogs will have different intolerances, and what food works for them will reflect that and might not work for another.

Dharma has an intolerance to rice (not a common problem, as most food allergies are protein related). So the "sensitive" diets such as Burns, JWB, etc wont work for her.

The best way to find a food that suits is to do an exclusion diet (if you havent already found the trigger) and slowly work things back into the diet and wait for a response.

Wafcol Fish and Corn is an excellent food if you think the problem is protein related. If you're not sure, or think it might be grain related, then Wafcol also do a Salmon and Potato food which is also excellent.

We used the Fish and Corn with brilliant results, and now Dharma is trying new foods in an attempt to find out if this was a fleeting problem. She now has Autarky, which has rice in, and doesn't have much of a problem with it, yet if she gets hold of normal cooked rice (like she did on her walk the other week, out of a takeaway container) she gets incredible bouts of colitis.

Dogs are weird!
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi thanks for all your advice!!!

I really don't know what it is because some days he is fine and others he is really bad and won't eat at all. The royal canin seems to do the trick and then he will have a day where he won't eat and tummy makes the strange noises. The same with his poo - it will be fine then all of a sudden its runny again. I am just concerned that he is uncomfy and in pain cause his stomach makes horrible noises and I can even get to eat a packet of crisps in peace!! Oh and just to add we are being really strict no treats just his royal canin until we can figure out whats going on.

Thanks again

Samxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Stars tummy makes funny squeaky noises before she has the runs.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2