Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2004, 10:32 AM

food intolerance

Hi Sonny is still having tummy probs and after lots of investigation the vet thinks it may be a food intolerance. Have any of you had experience of this? He is now on royal canin sensitive tins and dry food mix but it is very expensive (our last batch of tins and dry food was £45 ) we have worked it out to be about £20 a week to feed him. I am just looking for a bit of advice on how to handle this.

Thanks Sam xx
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2004, 10:45 AM
we've had a sensitivity due to gus licking/itching - switched to Royal Canin Hypoallergenic - cleared up wonders - but again expensive at £65 for 15kg bag. Now on raw food (just have to keep an eye out for which foods trigger a change) but otherwise ok
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Hi Sam, why dont you try Burns which is good for dogs with sensitive tums.

It was the only thing that really agreed with Star. Boxers have sensitive stomachs at the best of times.

Also avoid foods with wheat and gluten in them too.

I can give you the phone number of the pet shop I use in Clarkston and you could have a chat to them. They know their food.
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks Carole will stick with this untill he is back to normal but will be looking for a less expensive alternative so will get that no. off you at somepoint.

Thanks Sam xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Luca has a food intolerance too. I now use CSJ and, touch wood, she's been great on it.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi sonny, ihave indie on James Wellbeloved, just started her on the turkey and rice kibble. I find it to be quite cheap compared to other things i have tried.
heres a bit about it. not sure if its what you are looking for.

The healthy white meat goodness of turkey.
Hypo-allergenic to help stop loose digestion and soothe skin irritation.
Gentle on your dog’s digestion.
With oats for energy.
Delicious and crunchy, smothered in turkey gravy.
British made for freshness and quality

What other dog foods contain, but ours does not:

Added colours, flavours or preservatives.
Beef, wheat, wheat gluten or dairy products, the ingredients which cause most food allergies.
Added sugars.
Bulking ingredients and soya proteins.
The 80% water content that is found in canned food.

you may want to check out the website at http://www.wellbeloved.co.uk/

It might help sonnys food intolerance as it doesnt have all the additives and things like wheat or dairy.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Murph is on Autarky after a serious bout of licking and itching and lumps he has also had supadog sensitive which worked well but gave himHUGEpoos
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi Sam
I had a bull terrier that had food intolerance, after feeding her James wellbeloved i didnt have any problems.

Traci
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2004, 07:58 AM
I AGREE JW is great for sensitive tums
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I was always a strong supporter of JW but have found recently it has changed slightly. The company has been taken over by Royal Canin and I find their food to be quite dusty when you get to the bottom of the bag (never like it before) plus we pick it up from JW in Yeovil so we have fresh stocks, but it just doesn't smell the same either, rather like cardboard now, not the meaty smell it used to have. My girls turn their noses up at it.........fussy lot that they are. All my past litters were raised on it too.

I've changed over to Burns, excellent food, all natural, my dogs don't seem to 'poo' as much as before either, so proving their bodies are absorbing what they need, plus their coats have improved greatly. Plus it has helped with weight loss with my girl that lost her litter recently.

As it's a Holistic food, what not give Burns a ring, they will send you sample packs to try before you buy.

And before you ask, No I'm not on commission with Burns........
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >