Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Bentley in for op tomorow

My boy in at vets for a op tomorow!!!
I've just got back from the vets, as last night I found a red pea sized lump on the inside of his lower jowls.
Anyway being a lump I thought I'd get him straight to the vets to get them to look at it this morning.
The vets had a look and said she would advise it comes off. She did tell me the name of it but my mind has totally gone blank, will ask her the name again tomorow. But she said shes 90% sure it is some sort of benign grow that happens quite alot in young dogs not over the age or 4-5 years), but needs to be removed because they can eventually turn more sinister.
So hes booked in tomorow to get it take away.
She was very reasuring that it was not much to worry about...I REALLY HOPE SO !!!!
Going to have them look at it under the microscope to be safe.
I hope the op goes well and its nothing serious, my vet could not of been more reasurring, but Im worried.
I always worry about things like this when it come to my dog.
Any advise or experience from anyone, and all healing vibes welcome to.
On a positive note he was a bloody angel at the vets, got praised so much my the vet and nurse on his behaviour and how lovely he is!!!
Thats my boy
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Sorry don't have any advice other than try not to worry, hope it all goes well, sending healing vibes for Bentley x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a simple op - try not to worry.....

x0x
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Hope all goes well tomorrow! (((hugs))) from me and my Bentley xx
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Sorry don't have any advice other than try not to worry, hope it all goes well, sending healing vibes for Bentley x
Thanks, I hope so to.
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Sounds like a simple op - try not to worry.....

x0x
Thanks vicki,
Ive thought about it now and im not as worried as I was.
Hes a strong young dog, and the vet has put my mind at rest.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Aw hope your gorgeous boy is ok tomorrow,( sounds straight forward though) Give him a hug from us here xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 05:52 PM
It's always a worry, any op, but think about it, that lump is much better off than on, and he'll be just fine, it'll be quick, no complications, and they'll be taking it for analysis afterwards, so let's hope it's nothing sinister for the poor boy. What a good boy he was at the vets, give him a hug from us hades. Ops aren't like they used to be, it's so much more high tech nowadays, much less worrying about the aneasthetic, so try not to worry tooooooo much, but I know you will. Roll on tomorrow afternoon then!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aw hope your gorgeous boy is ok tomorrow,( sounds straight forward though) Give him a hug from us here xxx
Thanks settagirl, hes gone in now.
The vets can believe how good he is, he sat in the waiting room didnt bother with the Cat in the basket nor to two growling jacks in there to, very proud off him I am!
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's always a worry, any op, but think about it, that lump is much better off than on, and he'll be just fine, it'll be quick, no complications, and they'll be taking it for analysis afterwards, so let's hope it's nothing sinister for the poor boy. What a good boy he was at the vets, give him a hug from us hades. Ops aren't like they used to be, it's so much more high tech nowadays, much less worrying about the aneasthetic, so try not to worry tooooooo much, but I know you will. Roll on tomorrow afternoon then!
The vets said they think (pretty sure) its a histiocytoma
and not to worry. So Im not, there still goin to look at it under the microscope, just to be sure but Im feeling pretty positve, they know what there doing.
He was so go in the vets H, I am so proud of him.
Goin to be a very quiet day with out him, looking forward to having him home, all dopey and cone hat intow!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I hope Bentley's ok ~ sounds like he's the perfect patient .

I know what it's like to be without them for the day but try not to worry & keep busy & it'll be over before you know it.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Tessabelle View Post
Hope all goes well tomorrow! (((hugs))) from me and my Bentley xx
Thanks alot tessabelle, hes in now and will be back home at 4.00!
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
I hope Bentley's ok ~ sounds like he's the perfect patient .

I know what it's like to be without them for the day but try not to worry & keep busy & it'll be over before you know it.
Believe it or not in my everyday life Im really chilled and cool about things, but when it comes to my dog I really get worried about things like this ...its just coz I love the little fella!!!
Thanks, I am not worried now, its a minor op and the vet has told me not to worry he's fine.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >