Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-06-2005, 12:24 PM

What are your greatest achievements?

Right i've read a lot on here about everyone's dogs but I was wondeing what YOUR greatest achievements have been (because i'm nosy ). I thought my greatest ahievement was passng my degree a few yeas ago. That was until my son Reuben was born last year: though I guess you could say that that was more my wives achievement than mine, however I did let her bite my hand and believe me that was painful Seriously though it was the most magical thing that's ever happed to us.

Do any of you have any hobbies/achievements you'd like to share?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

18-06-2005, 12:29 PM
mine is.... Dogweb?
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-06-2005, 12:31 PM
And very good it is too!!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Congrats Dibley

Ok lol heres mine

I lived away from home a lot since i was 16 and i was a carefree party animal, i studdied hard, but at night i would go and get drunk, have fun and had a loads of friends around me! Then at the age of 19 my mum fell ill with her back and my dad too already had a bad back! So i could either carry on as a carefree young woman or i could give it to HELP care for my mum and sometimes my dad!

I gave it up! and now I hardly do any of what i used to do, its coming up to a year since i stopped partying and caring for my family! Sometimes im soo bored, but my mother has pride, she cared for me and i will care for her! My dogs get me through and my family are great! also in the last 2 years i have had a lot of truma!
what with my mum, My real dad died of cancer on easter sunday, i was just starting to get to know him when i was 17 and lost him at 19, i have had 3 dogs die and one of them was a 9 month old staffie pup, my first staffie! My grandma died and my "step dads" dad has not got long left! and all i call hiim Grandpa, sometimes its all very hard!

So this is why a 20 year old is on the PC alot, because if i was not i would be bored as anything!

I was a wild child and even thou maybe in peoples eyes this is nothing for me this was very hard to give up my life style! But I am happy and i feel good as I wouldnt want anyone else help care for my mum, shes getting better thou!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Can I have four?

Sorry Dibley being greedy...

Sports category:

Qualifying as a PG2 paraglider

Relationship category:

Marrying my wonderful OH

Business category:

Starting my own business

Personal

Surviving life thus far without losing my marbles
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

My biggest was successfuly beating testicular cancer 3 years ago.Was kinda scary at the time and relied heavily on family/friends and more so-the hospital which treated me to which i am eternally grateful.

Next,would be passing my driving test and silly as it may sound-gaining my First Aiders certificate.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh wow steve, thats amazing! Congrats all of them, so glad you are here with us now !
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Hayley, I think you're doing really well with it, and glad that you are on the mend with all the struggles you have been through.

If you ever need to chat just PM me, have big ears and am always happy to chat.

xi

Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
Congrats Dibley

Ok lol heres mine

I lived away from home a lot since i was 16 and i was a carefree party animal, i studdied hard, but at night i would go and get drunk, have fun and had a loads of friends around me! Then at the age of 19 my mum fell ill with her back and my dad too already had a bad back! So i could either carry on as a carefree young woman or i could give it to HELP care for my mum and sometimes my dad!

I gave it up! and now I hardly do any of what i used to do, its coming up to a year since i stopped partying and caring for my family! Sometimes im soo bored, but my mother has pride, she cared for me and i will care for her! My dogs get me through and my family are great! also in the last 2 years i have had a lot of truma!
what with my mum, My real dad died of cancer on easter sunday, i was just starting to get to know him when i was 17 and lost him at 19, i have had 3 dogs die and one of them was a 9 month old staffie pup, my first staffie! My grandma died and my "step dads" dad has not got long left! and all i call hiim Grandpa, sometimes its all very hard!

So this is why a 20 year old is on the PC alot, because if i was not i would be bored as anything!

I was a wild child and even thou maybe in peoples eyes this is nothing for me this was very hard to give up my life style! But I am happy and i feel good as I wouldnt want anyone else help care for my mum, shes getting better thou!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 12:41 PM
That's an extraordinary achievement Steve... so glad that you are doing well.

And after watching some of the shows out there about driving tests in this country I totally understand why this is considered a milestone - well done.

Originally Posted by Steve
My biggest was successfuly beating testicular cancer 3 years ago.Was kinda scary at the time and relied heavily on family/friends and more so-the hospital which treated me to which i am eternally grateful.

Next,would be passing my driving test and silly as it may sound-gaining my First Aiders certificate.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hayley, I think you're doing really well with it, and glad that you are on the mend with all the struggles you have been through.

If you ever need to chat just PM me, have big ears and am always happy to chat.

xi
Ty so much hun, same goes for you too!! xx so kind!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »