View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm afraid I bought some a few years ago.... and after one try they have stayed in the bedroom cupboard.

I don't do straight!

At my salon, when one of the younger girls are let loose on my hair to dry it my stylist Polly says , don't try to straighten it, Becky's hair doesn't do straight.

I'm too relaxed to argue with it, and whenever it has been straightened no one likes it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks guys, shall have a look in Boots today. I didn't 'do' straight either til yesterday but since everyone said it took years off me, I'm going to give it a go!! LOL
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't use GHD's i just refuse to pay that much .....and i'm a hairdresser (well don't do much nowadays but still)
i don't use any less that the 200 ones mine go up to 220 and they're fab,i always get mine from the hairdressing wholesalers like 'sally's'.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
I don't use GHD's i just refuse to pay that much .....and i'm a hairdresser (well don't do much nowadays but still)
i don't use any less that the 200 ones mine go up to 220 and they're fab,i always get mine from the hairdressing wholesalers like 'sally's'.
Cheers for that! I'm off to see what's out there!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 09:34 AM
I have been reading all the post on this section, as I have been growing my very short hair since christmas and I have finally got to the stage where it is begining to look like a bob, although I still have a few layers left. The hairdresser straigntens it beautifully and it doesnt even feel like my hair, It is so smooth and shiny I feel like I have got a wig on. The straightners I have got are cheap ones that my grandaughter gave me when she got some new ones. I think I will have to invest in some good ones and do a bit of searching.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 09:43 AM
am also a GHD fan ...... i have tried many different over the years and you can't beat them ....i have a short inverted bob and use GHD mini's ................fab
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I have just asked my daughter who is a hairdresser and she has said that the best ones to use are the GHD’s Mark 4 Hair Strengtheners.

But if you are going to strengthen your hair every day or whenever you are going to go out then don’t forget to use an instantly absorbed replenishing conditioner that restores the beautiful and healthy look of your hair, because if you don’t then you will damage your hair and end up with split ends.

GHD replenish shampoo
GHD replenish conditioner
GHD thermal protector for dry, coarse hair
GHD sea spray
Polishing serum
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 11:42 AM
My oh brought me some GHD at christmas the ones i had before were awful they split my hair and made a right mess of it, i can say the GHD's are so worth the money i don't get any spliting with them and the other use to pull my hair it really hurt
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've gone mid range price (39.99 ) on a set by Nicki Clarke that go up to 230 degrees. Had a go of them when I got home and they seem pretty good. If I decide to keep it this way, I may invest in GHD's.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't use straightners as I have straight hair...but I have read you should always go with ceramic one's.

Also I think it's nice to use them for the result but becareful as apparently they can end up making your hair in terrible condition so that you feel you need to always use them just to smooth it more.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >