View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
girlsmum
Dogsey Junior

12-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
If she is slow coming in run backwards, wave a toy/treat around, make "interesting" (i.e. silly, high-pitched happy noises) to encourage her
Well give it ago, I'm sure I can practice my 'silly, high pitched happy noises' some more.

Thanks for the advice shadowboxer. I'll let you know how i get on.
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Great topic for me too. Olive's recall is zero. She is two and a half also and was great with recall up until about a year - now she just doesn't care. Have tried treats, cuddles, running around trying to look "interesting", nothing seems to work for her. Olive has a very high chase drive - she is always on duty. We now don't let her off unless we're up the fields, which is a shame cause she loves running free. I think I will give one of these long lines a go. How do you stop the line trailing on the ground?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2004, 09:32 PM
you don't, you allow the line to follow behind the dog so the dog is the same as being off.
it is a good way of giving the dog some freedom but you still have control if needed.
its the same as a flexi lead but it doesn't return.
with a line the dog can have more freedom than a flexi due to length plus you can recall at different lengths to learn them to come regardless how far away they are.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Girlsmum & Olive - if you search this forum for "recall" I think you will find several quite detailed posts from various people which might be of help to you
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2