View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Xara_Tamara
New Member!

05-11-2004, 09:53 AM

hi english bull terrier here owner needs help

my owner looking for help with me he he i just keep barking chewing up every thing running round the house like i lost the plot ... dont get me wrong i give her 10 out 10 for walks feeding picking up my poo! mopping up asfter me but she just cant train me im 11 months old now she screaming HELP PLEASE!!![img]
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:02 AM
sounds like a normal puppy
Xara_Tamara
New Member!

05-11-2004, 10:21 AM
not at all it must be the breed then but she just chews every thing and barking she will just stand there basrking at me for no reason at all i will play with and her barking gets worse i cant cope its goes straight through me!"!
Xara_Tamara
New Member!

05-11-2004, 10:22 AM
she dont look like this picture loaded now i just posted that to remember before she became this .......
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 12:19 PM
how do you react to her when she does the barking
and when you say she does it all the time-
do you mean literally ALL the time or at specific times as in playing or when excited?
Xara_Tamara
New Member!

05-11-2004, 02:39 PM
i try and calm her down or put her outside but then i have to think of my neighbours ....its like she is talking to me! i can be in the bath she will start i try and reasure her im fine its most of the time she barks
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 06:22 PM
i have the same problem with indie. her bark goes straight thru me. Altho she mostly barks for attention, sometimes it feels impossible to see wot she is barking at since she doesnt want food, play or toilet

the best thing u can do is completely ignore her when she barks, and reward when she is quiet. Dont give her any kind of reward for barkin, not even telling off.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:53 PM
my isbt buddy is exactly the same he stands in front of us and barks and barks!!when joe gets in from work he barks and gets on his knee and barks till he has his full attnetion, so we have started ignoring him and talking ove rhim now, but it is really annoying and loud!!
girlsmum
Dogsey Junior

05-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi Xara_Tamara,

I'm sorry you are having a hard time.

It might be worth trying turning your back on him everytime he stands there and barks at you. EVERY TIME! At first he will keep trying to get round to the other side of you so he is facing you again, but persevere and you will probably see a change in a week or so. When he stops barking, turn and give him a treat and huge cuddle.

Try not to lose your temper with him, just be calm and just keep turning your back on him (careful not to get dizzy! I did, when I was using the same technique on my dog), good news was, it worked on my dog.

It's just about letting him know what response he is going to get from his persistent barking.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.
girlsmum
Dogsey Junior

05-11-2004, 11:04 PM
SO SORRY, I REFERED TO 'HIM' ALL THE WAY THROUGH MY POST - I MEANT 'HER'. SORRY ops:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >