Female 

30-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Luna is my first dog, and I have soo much to learn
you never stop learning J no matter how many youve had
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Great guess Wiggle, but she's been out on a 15 minutes walk less than an hour before.

And have never had any probs with that since she was housebroken at 6 months old.

LEL: yes I've heard that before
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Sorry I obviously missunderstood - I was influenced by your statement earlier
Have posted on a labforum, and they keep telling me to crate her, but she never has been crated, and she would be in there for many hours a day, so isn't that a bad idea?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Well she makes these norty things after I leave.

I had a friend come pick her up shortly after I had left, and already then the carpet had been torn.

So she does it after I leave and then I dont know wot she does the rest of the time.

Its just that if she's crated, she would be in a crate for quite a number of hours from I leave in the morning. That's what I meant would be a bad thing

Its hard for me to explain, as we have different words in danish.... and to form a sentence can be difficult - sometimes anyway
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 12:01 PM
No problem Bellaluna as I said a simple missunderstanding - your English is brilliant by the way - I didn't even realise you weren't English !
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Oh thank you very much That's quite a compliment
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Jeanette,
It is surpring to observe just how much time dogs spend asleep during the day when nothing is going on. I bet that if you could set up a camera you would find that Luna spends most of her time dozing. She might wake and have a go at her kong, go back to sleep, wake and "kill" the carpet, go back to sleep, etc. I would doubt very much if she is active all the time that you are out.

I think you may be fretting about her far more than she is fretting about being alone
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Yes SB

I'm sure you are right. Its my guilty conscience acting up

But now she has been left friday and yesterday without any problems at all. She has 2 kongs and a chew and some cardboard (used to be a box )

And then I'll start biking with her in the afternoon when I come home from work.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Hi gus

Just an update. Today its friday and therefore a week since the carpet was taken off.

Luna has made no norty things while home alone. And we are even down to 1 kong (size Xlarge) Not anything I had thought of doing, but when I came home both wednesday and thursday, she had only emptied 1 kong, so I thought it would be a waste of filling.

So today was her first day with 1 kong. She emptied, but didnt touch her rawhide (for the 3. day running!!!!)

So I dont know wot she's doing all day. Sleeping perhaps?

The only difference is: the carpet's gone, her toys are gone. She's now left with a rawhide, a kong and some cardboard.....

Thanks for your advice guys.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2004, 11:11 PM
thats brilliant news Jeanette
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >