Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 06:44 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Good morning all Dogsey peops

Hope everyone is fine along with the doglets, but I haven't even been on here since Friday, so I'm totally clueless of what has been going on, but I'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Had a very busy day yesterday, but a nice one. Dave fitted the tap at the van, whilst I was in their office trying to get the garden work authorised for the 2nd van next Tuesday. Then Ihad to go and get a strimmer cos the builder wants all the long grass cut by the fence where he's doing a 20m drain all the way along to the back, before he can lay the slabs around the gateway and steps, but at least this will mean they won't be trapsing mud into the van when it rains heavily.

No nanny nap either, but that was from choice, cos I thought it unfair to sleep in the afternoon when Dave is home for only 2 days, so we went off up the A21 to a big garden centre. Sadly, we couldn't get what we wanted, cos I want some large red robins to go along the fence front at that van, for privacy for the garden, but at £120 each they can keep 'em, I'll be shopping online. I wanted them now, so that these big, hunky blokes I've got working up there next week can dig the holes and stick 'em in, but that can't happen now.

The guy in there left his new Audi on the parking spot just where they will be working in the gateway, and he's away until next week-end, so I had to get hold of him to ask if we could move it somewhere for fear of it getting cemented as well Thank goodness he's left some keys with somebody, so now it'll be all clear for them to get it done. The budget has now doubled, but once it's done, it's done, and Dave can't do this heavy work anymore. Digging out 20 metres a foot down and a foot wide calls for young muscle men, let alone lifting all those heavy slabs around, it would finish him off.

Today he's up there again, sorting out that long grass, whilst I cook lunch, and then he'll be packing again to go off for another week, but what a change in him, I don't think we stopped laughing yesterday even though we were busy, at least we did everything together which was nice.

Hope everyone is fine along with the doglets, and I probably won't be around again until the morning, so enjoy the rest of the week-end.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Morning Helena you're new routine when Dave is home is working a treat and lovely to hear that you are now both laughing together again.
Gorden said he would of felt the same as Dave if he was working away away from home however short or long. Although he would of had his lap top and spent some of his time on there where as Dave doesn't dabble does he ? So its not just Dave.
You have both been very busy up at the van and it will look a treat when done.

Nothing on here again today except maybe picking Michael up from Epping oh and walking Dillon. The weather is very overcast not sure if it is chilly as I haven't ventured out yet.

Have a nice Sunday all and stay safe.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Morning Lynn, glad all is well with you and that Dillon is behaving himself in the mornings Yes, I should have realised it earlier shouldn't I, but then he was busy with his diy anyway. I think he's fed up with it now though lol!
Yes, dramatic change in the weather here today no sunshine, and still that blooming wind. Typical that the rain is coming when the guys are starting on the garden, and I can see what's gonna happen, the lawn will end up all mud and we'll have to get it turfed in a hurry Hey ho, must think positive
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Morning Helena & Lynn. - & everyone else who follow.
Looks as though it going to be another lovely day here
Sounds as though you are having a lovely weekend with Dave H. It makes life a lot easier doesn't it.
We got home at 6 pm last night It was lovely to sleep in my own bed last night though. We were both shattered & had an earlier night than we've had for ages. Got to go shopping this morning & then go go pick Taff up. It seemed strange last night him not following me whenever I moved.
Have to get some washing done first as well, otherwise nothing else planned.
Keep well everyone & enjoy your Sunday
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn, Taffsmum and fellow members,

A blustery dull morning here - what a difference from yesterday when I got burnt from sitting in the garden. Typical that the weather is breaking - the house is only 1/3 painted OH off late morning to a guest car thingy with his old Bentley. I'll be trimming some hedging near to windows that have got to be painted otherwise our poor decorator won't get his ladder near them.

Helena - Wow, you have really changed your relationship around with Dave. Isn't it lovely to feel like of a partnership again instead of feeling like you're swimming the wrong way up a waterfall. I'm so looking forward to seeing all the work that has been done down by the vans and surely those men who have to dig the 20m trench will do it with a mini digger .... a killer by hand. Enjoy your day today and see you back in here tomorrow.
Lynn - I hope you enjoy your quietish day today and if you have to go to collect Michael the traffic is kind to you. We've got a north-easterly wind here and it is pretty chilly - what a difference from yesterday Enjoy your Dillon walk and see you later.
Taffsmum - There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed when you've been away. I should think Taffy will go 'crazy' when he sees you. Your mini holiday sounded wonderful in Ireland and I hope you feel rested for it ..... back too reality now
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning H and all,

Its flippin cold and drizzling out there. Lily and I had a nice long walk but come home wet.
Not too much planned today, although I am sure something will crop up so I can't have a lazy one .

Both my sons called in yesterday and my youngest grandson was very excited as he is off on a weeks holiday with his primary school monday. He leaves primary school this year so its like a leavers holiday.

H, I am really pleased your weekend routine is working out well for you and Dave. Apart from him being happier, you sound much happier too.

Lynn enjoy your relaxing day

Good luck with the hedge trimming Jenny, lets hope the sun puts in an appearence to make it a bit more pleasent for you.

Taffsmum You can't beat your own bed and that first night back from holiday is always the best.
Take care all and enjoy your Sunday.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 07:44 AM
I jumped on the scales this morning & I've put 5lb on eek! All that good food & no proper walking. I can see Taffy having to have plenty good long walks this week.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Good morning fellow members really chilly here this morning, hopefully the sun will be through soon to warm things up a bit.

I woke up with a bad cold We are taking the little ones to the country park later then for a bit of lunch somewhere and back here for tea and a play in the garden I think.
Their Mummy will be back from her trip away tonight so I will have chance to recover tomorrow

Enjoy your day everyone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning all
Brrrrrr about 4 degrees down on yesterday morning and no sun
My favourite day today when I can gather all my flock around me and feed them all
So there is an apple crumble to make and spuds to peel, see you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 08:23 AM
My goodness no wonder I am cold it is only 10degrees outside with that strong cold northerly wind blowing and drizzling so making it damp too.

Just looked at my indoor tempreture guage and its only 15 degrees indoors. Its ridiculous in june but I think my heating is going to have to go on soon as even with a big jumper on I am cold.
Think Lily is cold too as she is curled up in a tight ball in the chair.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »