View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Just caught up with this thread now, so sorry Takara has been poorly.

Thank goodness she seems better now, you must be so relieved

Cannot help with the Piriton question sorry, I am sure Mini or someone could help, why not PM them?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks Will do.

She's definitely back to her old self. Arguing with Eddy over who should eat his dinner...
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 12:22 PM
aww im so glad takara is back to her normal self i know how much you were worried over her the other night
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Hi guys,

Takara was still lumpy all day yesterday and was looking like a spotty version of a sharpei rather than a dalmatian!

But this morning she's a lot better, she's happier in herself, her nose has gone back down to it's original size and her eyes are open again!

She's absolutely fine, thanks everyone for your support!

One question - can I keep piriton for her in future so that if it happens again we can give her some straight away and how much do I give? She's 22 1/2 kilos.

Thanks!
Hi Lottie Pleased to here Takara is improving . Personally I would not give a dog human medications unless advised to do so by a vet, I appreciate some people do in an emergency but I think it is better to talk to your vet and have him prescribe some medication to keep in the house. He will be able to prescribe an appropriate medication of the correct dosage for Takara. Amy has had a similar severe allergic reaction in the past and the vet prescribed Atarax an antihistamines that have a mild sedative effect, I always keep some in the house and take them when we go on holiday
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks Mini!

I will do that then, thankyou
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3