Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 03:41 PM

Show Pictures (Labs)

Hi,

Took Beau and Meg to a show today. Unfortunately it was all just too much for Beau and he went to pieces It was the noisest shows i have even been to, there were dogs barking and fighting constantly It was drivign me mad, and poor Beau, 6 months and 1 day, first ever show, quiet and laid back as it is just couldn't cope with it all i think lol He stood ok, but wouldnt move at all, then he slipped as he turned and looks like he's twisted a hock as he's quite lame on his leg now Not the best first show, but we're just hoping that the leg is ok, vet tomorrow if it doesnt get better Needless to say, we weren't placed, the judge said he was lovely but obviously as he went lame she couldnt place him!!

On a less depressing note, Meg got 2nd in a very good class!! The one that beat her got an RCC a few weeks ago so we were very pleased. We're going to stop being lazy and enter her in some champ shows as she's looking booootiful!!

Anyway, pics, Beau first:

and back home, you can just see he's not putting much weight on that back leg mum Chloe in the background)

And here he is "recovering"

And Meg now:

Exhausted Meg back home

Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Great pics, Please can meg come and live with me.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

15-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Oh poor Beau - a beauty at that. Congrats on Meg coming 2nd - well done

Hope Beau's leg will be easier tomorrow. Please do tell how that leg is.

Hugs to both.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Lovely pictures
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi,

Poor little Beau.. His leg got so bad he couldn't put his weight on it at all my the evening. The next morning it was almost completely fine though... He's still a little stiff on it, but mostly sound now, so not sure what the problem was. We phoned the vet, and they said it sounds like the may have twisted the hock, or pulled a muscle and from resting it its healed on its own, she wasn't too concerned, just said that if he's not completely sound in a couple of days to bring him in. I think the poor boy stressed himself too!!

We have another show entered for him this weekend, a lab club champ show.... If he's sound we may take him along just to have an experience of a show with less scary dogs, without little dogs snappy and barking at him!!! but not sure if we'll put him in the class...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh I am glad to hear the wee Beau has recovered and hope will win the show this weekend. Fingers crossed for him.

Many thanks for giving Beau's progress.

Big hugs and kisses to him from Loki and me too
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Congrats with meg, hope Beau is doing ok now on the leg. good luck for next time.