View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2013, 06:45 AM

Morning. Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning everyone.

Dry here at the moment hope we have no rain and that it is a little warmer than yesterday was. That wind was freezing.
It doesn't feel to cold but so far I have only stuck my nose out the door.
No emails or texts so far from his Lordship but that could be he has no internet again and no phone signal or he is lying low as he knows I am a tad pee'd off with him.
It would be nice to be consulted but this happens every time it was the same about going out there again although he did ask my opinion but went his own way anyway. I feel like a mushroom kept in the dark and fed a lot of ****. .
All this is stressful enough without the one being the last to know anything I am feeling really stressed out and have a banging headache maybe it was the slightly orff salmon tit bits and all the red wine last night. Anyway enough of my moaning and ramblings.

June naughty Cariad it will be good when she can get back outside with Lona and Mabs and on a regular walking routine by the sounds of it. You must be tearing your hair out. Only 2 more days and the stitches will be out.I couldn't see myself behaving like that if I had a big op just done.
I hope the puppy class went well.
Linda good news about Loki's blood tests and that he has had no more fits for a few days.
Malka I hope today is less stressful. How was the new sofa bed. Comfortable ?
TM the picture of your GD is lovely.
I hope I haven't missed anyone. Sorry if I have complaints on a post card please.

I hope we have no poorly doggies or humans and if we do get well soon.

Enjoy your day and wrap up warm by the sounds of the weather lady.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning Lynn and all

I am so sorry you are feeling so stressed out, that's men for you. I hope that you hear from him today, he probably feels tired.

It still feels very cold here, hopefully it will warm up a bit later.

We are taking my cousin to Aldershot today, we need to close his post office account and buy him a few bits and pieces, we may even browse the M&S outlet then back to the bungalow to continue the wallpaper stripping.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2013, 07:16 AM

No idea what to say about His Lordship - you just have to wait [im]patiently until you hear what he decides to do, although my thoughts are that whereas Kazakhstan is a definite at the moment, the N Lincs job is still just an interview with no guarantee he will get the job, much as you both want it.

I definitely overdid things yesterday, what with the sorting out of the electricity bill and getting my neighbour to finally understand it - and she is so lovely but it took ages to sort out and then explain so she understood. Then the lovely visit to the Pension in David's new taxi, the only problem there is that where he has to park is all on gravel so I cannot use either Tontoo or my manual chair so have to go heavie heavie on my crutches and oh how my muscles are screeching this morning!

Was the new sofa bed/couch comfy? Dunno. I just flonked on it and zonked out and by that time I could not give a flying traf whether it was comfy or not!

Right - off out with Pereg now so back inna bit.

Have a good day everyone and hope no poorlies around.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

I am so sorry you are feeling so stressed out, that's men for you. I hope that you hear from him today, he probably feels tired.

It still feels very cold here, hopefully it will warm up a bit later.

We are taking my cousin to Aldershot today, we need to close his post office account and buy him a few bits and pieces, we may even browse the M&S outlet then back to the bungalow to continue the wallpaper stripping.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today!
Morning Gerri you have a busy day ahead. I hope it all goes well and you enjoy the M&S outlet.

Originally Posted by Malka View Post

No idea what to say about His Lordship - you just have to wait [im]patiently until you hear what he decides to do, although my thoughts are that whereas Kazakhstan is a definite at the moment, the N Lincs job is still just an interview with no guarantee he will get the job, much as you both want it.

I definitely overdid things yesterday, what with the sorting out of the electricity bill and getting my neighbour to finally understand it - and she is so lovely but it took ages to sort out and then explain so she understood. Then the lovely visit to the Pension in David's new taxi, the only problem there is that where he has to park is all on gravel so I cannot use either Tontoo or my manual chair so have to go heavie heavie on my crutches and oh how my muscles are screeching this morning!

Was the new sofa bed/couch comfy? Dunno. I just flonked on it and zonked out and by that time I could not give a flying traf whether it was comfy or not!

Right - off out with Pereg now so back inna bit.

Have a good day everyone and hope no poorlies around.
Morning Malka enjoy your trip out with Pereg and take it easier today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning Lynn, Gerry, grandma and all

Bit windy darn sarf, but no frost and yet they forecast a heavy frost, but then that's the forecasters for ya. I'm going to treat myself today and go down to the seafront in the old town, where they have all the old fisherman's huts and I can buy fish straight out of the sea (or near as damn it!). I'm then going to do some fluffy mashed potato to go with it and some fresh, crusty bread, mmmmm, can't wait for lunch today

No work on the cards today either, it's all done and dusted and Dave will be very pleased with my efforts I'm sure. Off up the top again for a lovely long walk with Zena first. Then off to Mr S for a big shop cos I haven't been all week.

Something very weird happened with my keyboard when I first came in here this morning. I got up that "do you want to turn Filter keys on" box up, and I clicked on the no, but don't really know if I need them or not, don't know what they are really. Anyhoo, after that, my full stop turned into one of those sideways pointy bits, my comma turned into an "m" Oh I couldn't be doing with it, so I did a restart and all is well! Dunno what that was all about but I'm glad it's sorted itself cos I need to type proper

Well Lynn, I expect you've had another one of those nights, but you'll soon have all your answers when Gorden gets home is it today or tomorrow?

Gerry, enjoy the day taking your cousin out, I'm so glad he's up and about again cos last time we heard he had gone all shaky having come out of hospital.

Grandma I hope you have a less demanding day today, let's hope everyone gives you a break, there's only so much the old grey matter can cope with when you get a bit old isn't there, I know it well.

Enjoy your day everyone, hope you're all good
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning Lynn, Malka & Gerri. Oh & Helena. I see you have just posted while I was typing
Just sat here eating my porridge before I take Taff out. I don't know how cold it is out here yet. At least there is only a week left of February so we might - just might start getting warmer in March Nothing much planned for today, just take it as it comes.
It's not worth you worrying Lynn about what's changed Gordens mind. It will all come out in the wash. I'm not a worrier ( fortunately)
Have a good day everyone
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Why are men so damn infuriating. Lynn I would be going ballistic if I only knew half the story and I got those words I will explain when I get home. He must have his reasons I suppose for not saying or is it just a man thing, as Ash done that recently to Charly when he was away. She went mental at him and did get it out of him and there turned out to be no reason he couldn;t have just told her in the first place, unless he wanted to face to face, in which case she told him he should have just shut up and said nothing till he got home, not left her dangling and wondering. I don't think he will do that again in a hurry

Cold and overcast here, but apart from work, walking Lily and nipping to Tesco I won't be going out as I have a friend coming for coffee this morning.

Charly and Ash should be back from Devon either Sat or Sun. I can't wait as this house is too quiet without them.

Hope you feel better after a rest today Malka.

Have a good day all
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning all.

Dull again this morning, but I've no idea if it cold, freezing or downright brrrrrrrrr because I kept behind the porch door to shelter from it all when I let Rosie out

Lynn, I bet a big part of your frustration at the moment is the worry that you aren't able to keep in touch with Gorden while he's out in a strange land. He sounds a very sensible fella so, no doubt, when he gets back and the stress lifts, his reasoning for his decisions will be good and you will very likely agree with him . Keep that chin up - you'll have him back tomorrow and then you can hug him and thump him at the same time so you'll feel so much better.

Same old for us this morning, but then I have the dreaded hairdressers at 3 pm this afternoon. Dreaded is the word and if it wasn't for the fact that this heavy mop on me head is driving me absolutely nuts, I'd probably cancel, but it is so I won't.

Hope you all have a good 'un and stay safe.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning

I hope you hear from Gorden soon Lynn and that your head eases. This is very stressful for you both. Hugs.

I'm off out with Loki now and have a friend with her children coming over later, so I've had to tidy and clean up so the children can play and mess it up again.

Have a lovely day.
x
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Brrrrr cold this morning but it looks like the sun may put in an appearance.
I have washing to do as always and want to clean out the utility this morning.

Nothing else planned....

Have a good day all x
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »