Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 06:47 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday 21st May.

Well the sun is out but its very cold, too cold for May!

Steve has still not finished that tank. Yet he has to work today so I am going to be left in a muddle I expect. Oh I give up, it's driving me potty. He has just informed me he is not going to work today, he's going to carry on with the tank!

I hope everyone's ok this morning. Have a good day, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2017, 07:26 AM
Good morning Moyra and all to follow. You have the patience of a saint I must say! Are you still itchy Moyra? A few nights this week I've had it by legs and my left forearm. No rash, my bedding is always washed on high temp. Don't know what's going on. I looked at taking Piriton but it said not to with high BP.
UGH!
Busy day for me. Got front and side lawns to cut, jetwash patio, shop
for dogfood and clear out fridge. Then strim area that is inaccessible to mower cos the nettles are waist high. I'm sure there should be other jobs on my list but hopefully weather permitting I'll make a dent in the above. The best laid plans etc.
Hope everyone else will enjoy their day and all the pooches are ok
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 07:40 AM
Still clawing myself to pieces Twix. Did wonder if it was the Vanish I have to use to get the blood stains out of the sheets where I scratch myself to death but I always give my sheets that extra rinse and spin. Atarax that the doctor prescribed for me does work but only after a time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2017, 07:40 AM
Morning Moyra, twix and all who follow.
Sun out here to and warm. First lot of washing on the line and towels in machine.

Oh Moyra I do feel for you I get annoyed at Marks paperwork on the table which takes a few minutes to pop in his room. I would be having a tourettes moment in your position. Hoping him taking a day off work gets the situation sorted. Also that the itching has stopped.
twix nice to see you hope your lawn mowing plans go to plan.
June the girls do make me laugh with their antics about who goes where.
Mandy glad to hear MIL is ok she will be so pleased when the op is done.
griff, Kazz, Eileen and everyone not mentioned hope you have a good day and are well and that all four legged friends are to.

We watched a film on netflix last night lighthouse of the orcas. lovely film, about an autistic boy if you see it come up anywhere it is well worth a watch. It is based on a true story.
It does have subtitles though due to it being an Argentinian/Spanish film.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Moyra have you tried soaking in cold water and salt that removes blood stains and some white vinegar in the wash just to make sure the blood is washed out.
An old trick the cold water and salt my mum taught me many years ago.
She had a lot of washing and ironing tricks having worked in the local laundry when a young girl.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Still clawing myself to pieces Twix. Did wonder if it was the Vanish I have to use to get the blood stains out of the sheets where I scratch myself to death but I always give my sheets that extra rinse and spin. Atarax that the doctor prescribed for me does work but only after a time.
Moyra, I would advise that you check that your washing machine really is rinsing properly. For years Mike and I were scratching our shins in particular raw. We could find no reason for it, and I suddenly thought that the washing machine may not be rinsing properly. I decided to test it out by plunging thick towels into a sinkfull of very hot water. The result was loads of soapy water which took me an age to rinse out by hand! I started investigations as to why this was and it turned out that modern washing machines only rinse in cold water - or most of them. In addition, to save water they only bring in a tiny amount of water and as a result my clothes eventually became soap-logged! Afters years of filling up the washing machine with hot water by hand I eventually cracked the problem. In addition I found a wonderful biological power made by Ecover - I buy it on line because I can't find it in the shops - and that does rinse out better than any other powder or liquid I have found. In addition we purchased an LG large load machine which does have hot rinses and that has solved the problem.

This may not be the case for you, but it is worth trying. Hth!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Thanks Nikki it is worth testing out.

Steve is not going to work until Tuesday now as tomorrow is his 54th birthday and if he can finish the tank today then we shall go out for a meal tomorrow, which will be rather nice.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Morning all

Sorry off out shortly have a good day all see you all later.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Morning everyone
Moyra.... i would have lost the plot with Steve by now...is he allowed just to say he isn't going in? will they let him do it another day or is that it..will they get another person in to do the job?
Lynn, i will have a search for that film..i don't mind subtitles as being hard of hearing i have them on my tv upstairs Lol
Kazz, have a nice day
Gnasher...i used to get ecover from asda...for my old dog delaney
Twix, fancy coming to do my back lawn?
Mandy, hope your MIL is soon home
Nothing doing for me today
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Zen still in one piece after her night shift of being Keshi's pillow. Lona sulking in the kitchen as she can't have brekkie until an hour after her meds. As I make sure to get up late on a Sunday so there's no early morning barking when I take the brekkies out, she is still waiting.
Absolutely no sign of life in Numbnut Terrace, not even been forced to watch anyone go to the loo recently, the curtains in the bedroom look like they may be pinned together. Opinion is that he lost the Battle of Barking, police were involved for yet another matter as he was already on their radar for Parking Wars, and he would lose face returning to the scene, and The Pregnant One could either be a lodger or Numbnut Daughter come back to be with Mummy Numbnut.
Training this afternoon, back is bad at present, but will persevere.
Will the job not go elsewhere Moyra if he has let them down 2 days on the trot.
Good thinking about the rinsing Nikki. I've got an ancient refurbished LG and it does take a big load, and that's rare at the moment because no puppies so no vetbed two or three times a day. I know mine weighs the load to judge how much water is needed though
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >