Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 01:50 PM

New pond inhabitant!

We have two ponds, one for gold fish and Koi carp and one wildlife pond. The wildlife pond is full of frogs, tadpoles, creepy crawlies and newts.
Hubby has just been tidying up around the pond when the side gave way ....... and he fell in

Sorry no pics, I couldn't fish him out, wring him out, laugh and take pics all at the same time
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 01:54 PM

Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'pond life'!

Yes I seem to recall now there were some moments of married life I quite enjoyed.

Like when my ex was upstairs in the loft which was being converted (only watching the builder - not working) and he fell thro the ceiling.

Thing is he did it again a few days later in the same spot AFTER the ceiling had been repaired!

And the time he called out to us all to be careful how we stepped onto the boat and promptly fell in the canal himself.

Yes it was almost worth the years of tedium for those odd moments lol!

*PS I hope the fish survived OK
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 02:03 PM
The fish are in the other pond but I am worried about Pistasa and Mynewt (the newts)

I think this is how we have survived 43 years by having hysterical moments like this and being able to laugh at ourselves
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
The fish are in the other pond but I am worried about Pistasa and Mynewt (the newts)

I think this is how we have survived 43 years by having hysterical moments like this and being able to laugh at ourselves
How lovely to hear you've been wed for so long and still laughing (and playing) together!

*personally I think it's probly coz you are both animal lovers!
(my ex didn't like pets - and none of the pets liked him!)

** whereabouts in S Devon are you? I lived for some years in first Paignton and then Newton Abbot before moving to Cyprus.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
How lovely to hear you've been wed for so long and still laughing (and playing) together!

*personally I think it's probly coz you are both animal lovers!
(my ex didn't like pets - and none of the pets liked him!)

** whereabouts in S Devon are you? I lived for some years in first Paignton and then Newton Abbot before moving to Cyprus.
Hahaha yep we are animals, pet and wild, mad

Guess what, we are in Brixham. We have probably met and never realised!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Hahaha yep we are animals, pet and wild, mad

Guess what, we are in Brixham. We have probably met and never realised!
Just up the road then!

Can be a small world. When I'd been here for two years I met a lady who sells 2nd hand books in the markets. We got chatting and became pals. Turned out she moved to Cyprus on exactly the SAME DAY I did - and she had the ice cream kiosk down on Goodrington sands where I used to walk my dog on the dog beach there and must have bought countless ice creams from her!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I used to go down to Brixham to see the jazz bands playing down near the harbour on (I think) Friday nights?

My daughter attended Coombeshead College so, before she went into 6th form, I moved closer to it - Newton. And loved it there and used to go from there to Dartmoor regularly.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
A small world indeed.
Brixham is buzzing today, it is our Pirate festival.
There are all sorts of bangs and booms going off and fireworks tonight.
Good job they don't worry Pepsi
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 02:31 PM
We have two ponds, one for gold fish and Koi carp and one wildlife pond. The wildlife pond is full of frogs, tadpoles, creepy crawlies and newts.
Hubby has just been tidying up around the pond when the side gave way ....... and he fell in

Sorry no pics, I couldn't fish him out, wring him out, laugh and take pics all at the same time
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Brixham is a funky place! I loved it for just a walk round the harbour and nearby.

When I went into hospital in Paignton for major surgery and was back home and allowed out for my first 'walk' and was asked where I'd like to go - I said 'Brixham'!

I also used to get the ferry from there quite regularly (daughter's boyfriend lived on the other side and I was the mum taxi!)

I liked Totnes too - slightly too artificially hippie, weird and wonderful - but I still liked it!

I hated Paignton with a vengeance! Bucket and spade kiss me quick hat seaside town was how I described it!

Loved Newton Abbot - market town, farmers market, wonderful old cider house, pubs and parks - I lived in a little 200yr old red brick 2up 2down terraced cottage just off the main street there.

I DO miss the parks and wild moors of the west country. Probably more than anything else since leaving the UK.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >