Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 05:15 PM
He is a lovely looking dog.
He could be like that because the other homes just didnt give him a chance to calm down and he is 9 months
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 05:16 PM
He looks lovely and looks like he's making himself at home already
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Never owned one but Best of luck hun and well done xxxx
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 06:54 PM
He has sep anxiety but you cant blame him really but his bark is so loud. I ran into Tescos and screamed the car down and recall not great but went for 2 walks and by the end of 2nd was improving.
Any tips on sorting the sep anxiety welcome.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Any tips on sorting the sep anxiety welcome.
No tips from me I'm afraid but sure there will be from other more experienced people. I just wanted to say how lovely he looks and so glad he is fitting in with your other dogs.

IMO every dog is worth saving but this one really fits the bill. An update when ever you can would be nice.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Just been told he was going to be PTS so sad he only 9 months and apart from sep anxiety all seems good just gotta sort it out as its really bad.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Is there any way you can arrange for him to have human company 24/7 for a while? Friends, familly, dog sitters / walkers just thinking out loud here as I don't know your life and commitments obviously.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2008, 08:03 PM
to be honest after being in 8 homes in 9 months I am not at all surprised he has sep anxiety he must not know whether he is coming or going,

would think just going slowly with him to be honest get him to trust you and extend the periods you leave him
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Hehe! Yep - they are well known for being farty! They can also be very rough bouncy players. It will be interesting to see how much EBT traits he has in.

He looks lovely!

Good luck with the separation anxiety. I think there are two schools of thought, one is to let them bond with you before leaving them, but then the other is to not let them follow you aroudn the house and start this from day one. E.g. get up, walk out of the room, shut the door and then walk back in, with out making any fuss on leaving or coming back....completely ignore the dog and don't even look at them.

Now, i know the theory of that, but, it can be very difficult! OUr old fox houdn had four homes before we got him at ten years old, he would lie on your feet and leap up to follow me if i even twitched a muscle!

I pressume you have set up a nice safe area for him, with bed etc, you could try using a DAP (“Dog Appeasing Pheromone) plug in thingy. My friend uses it with her dogs who are scared of loud noises. I would be tempted to plug it in in his safe area so that he is attracted to, and feels more calm, in the area even when you are not int he same room. My friends dogs will leave the room where she is to go to the room where the DAP is plugged in.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Gorgeous looking boy.. good luck with him.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >