Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisak
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2007, 04:00 PM

presa canario needs experienced new home

HI - a little beauty of a 5 month old presa pup needs to find a new home - briefly needs to be re-homed due to my own illness recently been diagnosed and will not improve hence the need for a new home. the little fella has been with us since 6 weeks of age he is very much like a baby as i have been with him all the time i do not feel he will like being left on his own he is great with my kids 4yrs 10yrs 13yrs. The main issue for me having always been owner of "big" doggys is how unfair this is. He is lucky to get out for 1 walk a day if hubby home from work handy - i keep telling myself it doesn't matter but really it does ! some days basic tasks like feeding him can be a nightmare again my fault not his. we r totally devastated as the bond is strong we all adore him and yep i blame me i am searching for a dedicated presa lover with experience to love & totally adore him the way he deserves>
will answer any questions or if u know of experienced handlers would welcome advice on finding the most suitable new home we r in liverpool area
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear you have to give up your pup due to health reasons, have you contacted his breeder to see if they can take him back?
Becky
lisak
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
THANX ! Yes did contact breeder basically he would take him back to sell on didn't think a problem re-selling him. i became a little bit to uncomfortable at the amount of sell mentioned - I had hoped for an understanding re-homing not a cash issue so felt this was not the way to go for my little fella. For me it's very much finding suitable owner above anything else !
i also contacted the local ncdl to see if they could give any info of reputable presa organisations but have drawn a blank - it's so hard my head tells me it's what i should do my heart tells me NO & i really feel so stuck
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 04:52 PM
i think your very brave what your doing,your obviously devoted to this dog.i really hope you find him the home he deserves,and someone that will keep in touch to set your mind at ease. best wishes .
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 05:08 PM
You poor soul. What a dreadful thing to have to do. Hope you manage to find a home for your baby xox
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 06:12 PM
The kennel club have a list of breed rescue centres not sure if they have one for Presa Canario but its worth a try their number for breed rescue centres is 08706 066 750

I hope you find the perfect home for your dog. x
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Have you thought of asking Azz for some advice? He has the breed and might know of a good home for your boy. Good luck in your search for the right place for him.
lisak
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2007, 07:04 PM
To Novavizz who is azz and how would i make contact ??
It would be really great to speak to someone who has a presa and would understand how great they are and offer advice !
thanx very much lisa x
lisak
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2007, 07:05 PM
thank u all very much for ur support
i will phone kennel club that's great and also to imagine someone may re-home my baby & let me know how it goes wow that is a dream come true !!
thank u all so much lisa x
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by lisak View Post
To Novavizz who is azz and how would i make contact ??
It would be really great to speak to someone who has a presa and would understand how great they are and offer advice !
thanx very much lisa x
Just pm him, he loves his breed and might be able to point you in the right direction.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >