register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Was talking to a friend about him yesterday and apparently he has been put on the T.U.B.R page on that well known 'social networking site'
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-02-2013, 10:59 AM
I was looking at your breeds history ..,Wow ..lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 11:21 AM
When I took Cariad for her post op check up yesterday, they have a new vet there, and when I was in reception chatting to them she came over, she had never even heard of them before, had looked them up in the internet etc. and was now a convert, she likes the rough coats (like Cariad) best. So then the nurses were saying wait till you see Ash and Keshi they are just big balls of fluff
I hope we can find Storm a family.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Hope you can help trace his breeder Tawneywolf, in case they don't already know he's up for rehoming. His ears are on the larger side aren't they, does that help narrow it down a bit?
Hope Storm finds his loving forever home soon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Been talking to my breeder (who is also Breed Registrar) about him and she doesn't think he is from a registered litter, she thinks it is someone who has bred from their puppy without health testing or letting their breeder know, we discussed the possible litters he could be from (bearing in mind we don't know a birth date or have any details about him) and she discounted them for various reasons. She doesn't think he is from the litter I thought he may be from.
Remember there are people breeding 'utonagan' that are not actually utonagan and it is incredibly difficult to trace these dogs back because the 'breeder' has usually disappeared by now. The owner of the 'utonagan' usually has no idea that what they have is not a Utonagan, that is why we are red hot on health testing and making sure people know not to buy a Utonagan unless it is registered with us and from health tested parents, that way the pup will be microchipped, have all relevant paperwork (including copies of parents health tests) and a pedigree showing the litter reg and number. However 6 years ago all this wasn't in place.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Been talking to my breeder (who is also Breed Registrar) about him and she doesn't think he is from a registered litter, she thinks it is someone who has bred from their puppy without health testing or letting their breeder know, we discussed the possible litters he could be from (bearing in mind we don't know a birth date or have any details about him) and she discounted them for various reasons. She doesn't think he is from the litter I thought he may be from.
Remember there are people breeding 'utonagan' that are not actually utonagan and it is incredibly difficult to trace these dogs back because the 'breeder' has usually disappeared by now.
Yes, needle in a haystack job.
Good to read Storm is neutered anyway. Fingers crossed he doesn't wait long for his new home.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2