View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-09-2012, 09:18 AM

2 NewfiexBerners. Sad story re: rehoming.

I had a very sad message today from Ollie's breeder.

She is being forced out of her lovely home and her land by her ex and has had to rehome all her wonderful dogs which she has managed to do except for two which are as both NewfiexBerners.

Habicka female Zanta's sister she is a wonderful girl I can vouch for that having met her several times.
Habicka is 7+ years old will be 8 March next year.

Digby male NewfiexBerner 3 years old. Claire says he is a wonderbul boy. She can only keep one dog as they have to go into rented accomodation this has broken her heart having to rehome her dogs.

I am not sure if either are entire or not. I can find out these details if anyone is interested and put them in touch with Claire.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2012, 10:04 AM
How sad and horrible. I cannot imagine what she is going through, nor having to choose which one dog to keep!
Poor woman and poor dogs. Hope they find good homes soon
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Oh Lynn how terribly sad and I can't help feeling angry at someone who would force his wife to vacant a home presumeably just to benefit himself financially.

I used to know someone in Wales who I am sure would be interested they used to take in a lot of private rehomings of Newfies and occassionaly other breeds but the snag is I haven't been in touch for four or maybe more years so I don't even know if they are still there.

I will try to contact them anyway and let you know if I get a response.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Oh how awful and sad I wish I could say I could have one, but if I did I may find myself without a home too!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
How sad and horrible. I cannot imagine what she is going through, nor having to choose which one dog to keep!
Poor woman and poor dogs. Hope they find good homes soon
Unthinkable isn't it.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh Lynn how terribly sad and I can't help feeling angry at someone who would force his wife to vacant a home presumeably just to benefit himself financially.

I used to know someone in Wales who I am sure would be interested they used to take in a lot of private rehomings of Newfies and occassionaly other breeds but the snag is I haven't been in touch for four or maybe more years so I don't even know if they are still there.

I will try to contact them anyway and let you know if I get a response.
Thank you Harvey.

Originally Posted by STGSD View Post
Oh how awful and sad I wish I could say I could have one, but if I did I may find myself without a home too!
It is I was shocked when I got her message today asking for help. If Dillon wasn't such a holy terror I would of taken Habicka if I hadn't got him I would of had both.

Off to email Dillons breeder she is a groomer and ask if she might know of anyone or keep her ears open.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-09-2012, 03:02 PM
I've sent you a PM hope it helps.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 04:00 PM
So sad. Hope they find good homes.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 04:06 PM
really hope they find good homes xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Quick update. Habicka Zantas sister the eldest nearly 8 years old someone is going to see her tomorrow. Fingers crossed she finds her new home.

Digby the male and 3 years old still not found anyone as of yet Claire is still trying all her contacts and also thanks to Harvey forwarding me a Newfie rescue which I have passed on she has that to fall back on if needed. She is very grateful Harvey for the phone number and address.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry I'm too stupid to work out how to send a PM.

I have my name down with Bernese Rescue for a male Bernese. It's definitely worth contacting them. Or also try Bernese Welfare http://bernesewelfare.btck.co.uk/

Both will have lists of people waiting to rehome, and they wouldn't turn away a Bernese-cross.

I may even be able offer a home to Digby, but I'd need a lot more information about him first of course.

Very, very sad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >