View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2012, 10:02 AM

Digby is a male 9 week old Old English Sheepdog.(Hearing issues)

30-08-12 Digby is a male 9 week old Old English Sheepdog. Wow what a georgeous little boy, absolutely stunning! He loves a cuddle and his cheeky character is becoming apparent. He has passed to the rescue center due to the fact he is deaf. This means he would need a home with another dog to be his ears. We are looking for a very special home for Digby. OES experience would be fantastic but others would be considered.

ADOPTION DETAILS - DIGBY IS BY DONATION
Although Digby is by donation rather than the full adoption fee, please make your donation a reasonable one in line with the costs that have been incurred. All our dogs are micro-chipped, have had at least their first inoculation and are spayed/neutered unless there is a medical reason for not doing so. If your application is successful you will be home checked and you, all members of your family and any dog(s) who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the dog you want to adopt.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Name: Digby

Breed: Old English Sheepdog

Many Tears..
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2012, 10:06 AM
And another rescue subscribing to the myth that deaf dogs need to live with a hearing dog....

but OMG i wish I were there! I WANT HIM!!!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2012, 10:07 AM
He would fit in with yours :P
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2012, 10:15 AM
He is gorgeous! Hope he finds a loving home soon
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
And another rescue subscribing to the myth that deaf dogs need to live with a hearing dog....
Was just gonna ask why they always seem to think deaf dogs (and blind ones too for that matter) need to live with a dog without that issue. It doesn't make any sense to me, am I missing something?

He's lovely, fingers crossed he finds a home soon.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Was just gonna ask why they always seem to think deaf dogs (and blind ones too for that matter) need to live with a dog without that issue. It doesn't make any sense to me, am I missing something?

He's lovely, fingers crossed he finds a home soon.
No you're not missing anything... I have no idea why people seem to think that... It's just weird
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Oh my he is just adorable I love his name as well
boneo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi Everyone

This is my first post and I may make a complete hash of it but here goes.

Why is it that rescue centres think deaf (or blind dogs) should be re-homed with another dog(s) and why is that thought to be a 'myth'?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
It's a myth because deaf dogs dont look to another dog to be their "ears" they don't know there's anything "wrong" with them, and they don't know hearing dogs can do something they cant (hear)

Sometimes with older dogs that go deaf, they would do better with a "hearing service dog" (LOL) but born deaf? not in the slightest. they do just fine without other dogs in the house... or in a pack of all deaf dogs (as some people have)

Deafness is not a disability to dogs, not really They do just fine without their ears (I should know... I have 3 deaf dogs )
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >