Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 06:04 PM

Murphy back from vets - Update

Murphy is now home although the poor lad has a friar tuck head

It seems that there were no abnormalities at the back of the head on the crest although the vet did say it was very pronounced but that wasnt unusual for rotts. Infact there was swelling on his right side of the head so when they opened it up there was in fact a pocket between the muscle & skin, whereas they should be kinda stuck together. What has caused the pocket we dont know but he has said that some sort of head trauma, ie a knock on the head or even shaking his head quite violently can of caused it - I certainly dont recall Murphy knocking his head recently but I do recall a few weeks ago him going through a phase of him really shaking his head cause of his ear, which I treated him for - who knows !!

When they found the small pocket there wasnt any fluid there but it could have dispersed but they did take a small biopsyof the surrounding area just in case. They have done underneath stitches and glued his head so we dont have to wrry about stitches being taken out which is good. They did consider putting a drain in to see if anything comes out but they decided against. Before stiching him back up he put a few little stitches/tacs where the pocket was too.

The biopsy has been sent off and will take approx a week, hes asked for me to take photos of the head now from different angles to see where the swlling comes up (if it does at all) - but he will of course have some swelling from the op today.

The best case scenario is the swelling doesnt re-appear and the biopsy results come back ok - fingers crossed.
Murphy is going to see Katie, the female vet as he was fine with her today and he was fine with the vet nurses and didnt have a muzzle on when I collected him []and believe me you've never seen a dog rn out of a vets to the car so quickly lol.

Im so happy to have him back home I cant begin to tell you how much.

He is at present laying next to me (with a buster collar) sleeping and doing stinky farts Hes got chicken for dinner tonight
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm so pleased that he's back home where he belongs, fingers crossed everything is ok with him. Please give him a big hug from me and the gang x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Glad he's back home, he'll love his chicken dinner tonight I bet!

Fingers crossed for the results. x
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2006, 06:10 PM
So glad everything went ok Steph and Murphs back home with you. Fingers crossed the results come back and you've nothing to worry about
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 06:12 PM
So glad to hear Murphys home with you now. And will keep fiongers crossed for biopsy results being fine.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Great that he's home now. Fingers crossed for the results. I'm sure he'll be running around again in no time
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm glad he is back home I hope the results are clear
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Well Stephanie it all sounds very promising so far, fingers crossed for you both.

You'll have to tell him ALL Rotties have big heads!!!!:smt002

Hope results come back fine.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Everything crossed for you here and very big hugs coming your way. It's so nice to get them home isn't it? Ax
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 06:41 PM
delighted everything went well, and Murphy is back home with you. Hopeing the test results come back ok x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >