View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2013, 06:57 AM

Good morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Well here's the smiley but not sure why we have a lovely covering of the white stuff.
Well its Monday again and I wonder if we will have any news about Nigeria or Kazakhstan today, Nigeria re: visa's and is it going to be ready for Gorden to fly out Saturday flight booked.
Kazakhstan which region will he be hopefully the same one as last time and are they sure they have the daily rate right. Then finding out if the local school will spare him for 8 weeks and keep his job open. He does know the North Lincolnshire people want him to apply and will wait for him to get back to interview for the new post they seem very keen to have him on board. But of course we have been messed around so much lately that its hard to trust anyone at the moment. That job will be ideal though till he retires.

June I hope the naughty Sasha has behaved herself overnight and this morning. Is it today or sometime this week she leaves for her new family ? We will miss the naughty tales I am sue you won't though.
Sally I hope the throat is feeling better today.
Bev I hope you and Lily enjoyed the walk yesterday and the company. More (((hugs))) for today.
I do hope all poorly humans or pets are feeling better today and that no one has the dreaded snow to bad this time around.
Keep safe and wrap up warm out there.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Good morning Lynn and fellow members,

We too have a covering of the white stuff and my boys were so excited to get outside It reminded me of small children eager to go and play. I'm off to have my hair done (T-section and a trim) for a 9 o'clock appointment. Then back to carry on hoovering downstairs etc etc. The good thing about having guests to stay is that it makes me have a really good clean of the house. He'll only be here for tonight but will be coming back for a number of days later in the month.

Lynn, I do hope you get some answers today as to where Gorden is going.

I hope any poorly dogs and members are feeling better today. For anyone who has had snow, be careful. Have a good Monday and see you later.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning All xx

The white stuff is with us too, our FS has had to go to school as he has exams this week.
Tess has her dressings changed today so hopefully we will see signs of new pad regrowth its housework this morning after our trip to the vets and some afternoon TV I think

Have a great day folks xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning Jenny and Steph.
Dillon is the same Jenny it is making him very naughty today.
He wants me to go in the garden and play too.
Enjoy the pampering.

Good luck with Tess at the vets Steph.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny, Steph and all

Luckily there is no white stuff here and it feels a bit milder. Lol at the excited doglets in the snow.

I hope Gorden hears some good news for a change re the visas, it's not easy working abroad is it.

Fingers crossed for Tess, it's just not fair is it, she doesn't deserve to be going through this.

It would be a monumental task to go through this place for visitors Jenny so nobody will get invited.

I picked up my new rug last night and it looks really nice, it's not particularly the colour I had in mind but having said that I quite like it.

I will be dog walking this morning and then visiting my cousin this afternoon. He seems to be better for the moment but he really needs some sort of investigation as to why his health has deteriorated so rapidly.

Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Good morning all.

Thankfully, no white stuff here and we really don't want any thank you

Lynn, I hope all goes well for Gorden and he gets his answers today so that you can plan ahead.

'Icle Tess - good luck at the vets sweety. You be a good girl and I hope your foot is a lot better today for you.

Jenny, those mad clean ups are a pain aren't they, but if you're anything like me, clean up isn't the word - every nook and cranny has to be sorted and then nobody dare move until the visitors arrive. Silly, isn't it?

I have a big internal debate going on today. My little lap top keeps threatening to die on me, but it's comfortable (if you know what I mean). Currys have an offer on for one that all singing, all dancing with the new Windows 8. Got one of these yesterday for Gary and Dave set it up for him last night. It's a lovely machine.

The dilemma? Do I get one for myself? It's a £430 so a LOT of money, will last a good few years (or it should), but it will take ages to get comfy with and it's a LOT of money. I have a feeling that I'm going to be talked into it, but I'm really not sure. One of those times when I fear it will be in the lap of the Gods (or Currys in this case) and if they have one in, I'll probably get it, if not then possibly a sigh of relief mixed with some regret if my old friend finally plummets.

I was very disgruntled with the salesman in Currys yesterday which hasn't helped. Young lad - bit of a know it all type. He tried to sell all the extras as they do and we refused the lot, as we do. Then he went on to telling my husband that he had had to take three courses to be able to set up Windows 8 and that he really should go for the tech support packaged at goodness knows how much a month. If that computer had been for us, not Gary, it really would have cost him the sale because I was getting pretty irate at the hard sell. When we got the machine back here, it's the quickest and simplest Dave has ever set up. I really think that even I could have done it.

We are doing our usual this morning, then Gary is coming up to learn the new computer system to find his way around it. I'm cutting his hair, showing him where to find the free app games on his Kindle Fire then cooking him some tea before packing him off home again. I have a feeling that he'll be texting me all evening with either 'it's good', or ' how do I' so I guess I'll be ready for bed tonight.

Early start for me tomorrow if the snow keeps away from the east. Got to go through to college for a 10 am meeting so I guess my day will be filled tomorrow as it's a 2 hour trip there then another 2 hours back with the meeting in between (which will take far less time than the travelling).

Anyways, shower and a coffee for me now.

Have a good 'un all xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

We have a covering of the white stuff this morning and its still coming down. Lily was not impressed.

Lily and I had a lovely walk yesterday with 58 other greyhounds and thier owners, it was quite emotional though as everyone was coming up crying and hugging me because they all loved Kyiro so much. I felt fine though, but then last night it hit me and this morning I keep having tears. I think the initial shock is going and reality that I can't see him or cuddle him anymore is hitting hard.
Lily is also very quiet and not eating much, so I am trying to give her extra cuddles.

Charly has come down with a high tempreture and sore throat this morning, she has lost her voice too so she text me from upstairs to tell me something as she couldn't shout .

Work this afternoon which I could honestly do without today but I suppose I should be thankful I have a job even if it is minimum wage.

Lynn I hope Gordon gets everything sorted today so he knows what he is is doing and where he is going.

Take care all and enjoy your day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning Lynn, Jenny, Gerry, Steph, Chris and everyone

Another day of uncertainty for you and Gorden then Lynn, I hope that permanent job appears soon and it'll be the end of all this worry and stress, because I'm sure he will get the job, they've already told him as much. Good luck with your cousin Gerry, glad to hear he's slightly on the mend now. Good luck with dear Tess there Steph. Jenny, lol at your boys and the snow, don't they just love it, but we haven't got enough yet, although it's snowing heavily now.

Still thinking of you there Bev, and sending more (((((hugs)))), hope you had a lovely time out with Lily yesterday and some friends, you both needed it.

No snow on the ground, it's too wet, but the white stuff is falling quite heavily from the sky. We'll be fine to get out somewhere with Zena, probably the top of the beach as at least she'll stay clean.

Dave is going down the town to open an account in another bank as he's fed up with the high charges at his own, then he's going to pop into a hearing aid shop and get his nhs hearing aid tweaked so that he can actually wear it. I'm off to the carpet man again to take these big samples of wood back cos they're getting in my way now, and I will book in the hallway for a couple of weeks' time I think. Then I'm off to Mr S for a few bits and back home to turn the steak and onions I cooked in the slow cooker yesterday, into a nice crusty pie

Hope the snow isn't too bad that it's stopped you getting out today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Lily and I had a lovely walk yesterday with 58 other greyhounds and thier owners, it was quite emotional though as everyone was coming up crying and hugging me because they all loved Kyiro so much. I felt fine though, but then last night it hit me and this morning I keep having tears. I think the initial shock is going and reality that I can't see him or cuddle him anymore is hitting hard.
<hugs> xxx
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Morning Lynn morning All
Rubbish day dull overcast .
Hope peeps and dogs well all with problems vet ,visits get sorted
Just housework today ,lots washing ,
5 guilty dogs cos someone's had my coffee so who the guilty party is I don't know (little monkeys )
Have a great day stay safe ,take those with the white stuff xxxxx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »