View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2012, 09:19 PM
My cat some how manages to bring back packets of wet cat food some empty and some that are still half full!!!!! He must be a cat burglar!!!

He did get a couple of pigeons a while back but soon went back to wet cat food. Oh and he left me a half of a mouse once, always leaves all his finds on the door step, so at least I know where to look before letting the dogs out.
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:16 PM
The first thing our pup does every morning is to check whether the cat has left him (deliberately?) any "goodies". So far (to my knowledge) Ted's eaten mice, shrews, voles, lizards and yes birds brought in by the cat. I let him eat the rodents but have tried to prevent him eating the birds solely because it is so messy with all the little feathers
I don't mind the dog eating these things, from a raw feeding point of view, but I am keeping an eye out for the potential parasite worm problem. However, I always get sad when the cat kills things, especially the song birds. , but that Is cat nature isn't it?
dragonfly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
My cat some how manages to bring back packets of wet cat food some empty and some that are still half full!!!!! He must be a cat burglar!!!
I have to say this made me LOL

My sister's cat once brought in a whole roast chicken, still warm!
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
The first thing our pup does every morning is to check whether the cat has left him (deliberately?) any "goodies". So far (to my knowledge) Ted's eaten mice, shrews, voles, lizards and yes birds brought in by the cat. I let him eat the rodents but have tried to prevent him eating the birds solely because it is so messy with all the little feathers
I don't mind the dog eating these things, from a raw feeding point of view, but I am keeping an eye out for the potential parasite worm problem. However, I always get sad when the cat kills things, especially the song birds. , but that Is cat nature isn't it?
Bizarre isn't it. My daxie thinks he's a gun dog, he keeps bringing dead birds in and dropping them at my sons feet .

My vet has told me to definitely worm the cats if they are killing stuff, so same probably applies to dogs.

As for nature, my cat now has a bell around his neck akin to a medieval leper, and so far it seems to be thwarting him
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2