Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2005, 03:27 PM

The other pets of the madhouse

well here are my other pets, apart from the dogs i also own
Clementine who will be 3 next March the 8th, her mummy was a pedigree Ragdoll but she got out when in call and went with a line of local lethalio toms and Clementine and her 3 brothers were the outcome

now i have allways had rabbits and guinea pigs, about 3 years ago i started to breed them properly, i bred Netherlands Dwarf, English Spot, French and Dwarf Lop rabbits and as for Guinea-pigs they were shelties, texels, satins and cresteds, but unfortunatley this April past a fox got in and slughtered all excepte 7, 4 of which were PTS thru shock, leaving me with 2 rabbits and 1 guinea-pig, but next spring there will be the addition of at least 2 more guinea-pig sows to keep ginty company
so this is Speckles a 4 year old English Spot rabbit, very sweet girly

and BTW she is meant to be that size, she isnt overweight just a big boned breed

Then we have Sparkle aka little one, he is a1 year old Netherlands dwarf cross English Spot he is Speckles son and a little buck, he was the 1 remaining kit from the litter of 16 kits which of 13 we had to handrear!!!!!!! he is very special as we brought him up from 3 days old, when he got to 8 weeks he would follow Polly around thinking she was mum!!!!!!

Now this is Ginty our Guinea-pig i think shes a texel cross crested or she could have some satin blood in her, she was an accidental mating of mine, she is approaching 3 this October, she is very sweet, and since her three housemates were killed along with all the others she has been lonely, but like any guinea- rush them when grieving and they die, so next spring we are going to get her a companion.....or 2~

Hope you liked
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 03:29 PM
aww luke your oher pets are really beautiful and great pics of them all
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 04:33 PM
They are all gorgeous Luke
Expecially your rabbits,how many litters in total have you had? you must of had alot with all the different breeds you breed from?
You say your started breeding a few years back so I take it you still breed now?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Natasha
They are all gorgeous Luke
Expecially your rabbits,how many litters in total have you had? you must of had alot with all the different breeds you breed from?
You say your started breeding a few years back so I take it you still breed now?
erm a fair few over the years, i had 16 rabbits, only about 6 were good enough to breed for show kits, but the odd few accidental maitings happened, and i don't breed now, 1 due to the fact of the slaughter of my rabbits by the fox, anbd 2 since Sparkles litter were born im not prepared to go through the risk of hand feeding all those babies again!!!!!
Thanks for your lovely comments
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 05:42 PM
They are lovely Luke.
Dawn.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
They are lovely Luke.
Dawn.
thanks Dawn
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Luke
erm a fair few over the years, i had 16 rabbits, only about 6 were good enough to breed for show kits, but the odd few accidental maitings happened, and i don't breed now, 1 due to the fact of the slaughter of my rabbits by the fox, anbd 2 since Sparkles litter were born im not prepared to go through the risk of hand feeding all those babies again!!!!!
Thanks for your lovely comments
Wise choice Luke best not to breed imo, there are too many neglected as it is and in rescue and breeding that many litters only adds to the problem. When I had my litters I kept them all as pets, I would never sell to pet stores as you dont know where they will end up, I would only breed to better them and not to make profit.
Foxes will do all they can to get into there cages we make sure its nearly impossible for one too.
You must of been very young when breeding them
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Wise choice Luke best not to breed imo, there are too many neglected as it is and in rescue and breeding that many litters only adds to the problem. When I had my litters I kept them all as pets, I would never sell to pet stores as you dont know where they will end up, I would only breed to better them and not to make profit.
Foxes will do all they can to get into there cages we make sure its nearly impossible for one too.
You must of been very young when breeding them
lol old enough to learn the whats and wheres, my aunt taught me all i know and she has bred dutch rabbits, well forever. Mine were allways purposley bred to better their breeds and standard as people do with their dogs, but rabbits and guinea-pigs being just that often found a way to get friendly with the opposite sex of a different breed and no mine never went to pet shops, i usually kept most, and sold the select few on
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Luke
. Mine were allways purposley bred to better their breeds and standard as people do with their dogs
, but rabbits and guinea-pigs being just that often found a way to get friendly with the opposite sex of a different breed
Thought some of them were accidental matings? that cant be to better the breeds
Well mine has never managed to get 'friendly' with the opposite sex I make sure of it, and have mine neutered not only to prevent unwanted litters but also to prevent a number of serious illnesses that can be prevented by neutering
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Thought some of them were accidental matings? that cant be to better the breeds
Well mine has never managed to get 'friendly' with the opposite sex I make sure of it, and have mine neutered not only to prevent unwanted litters but also to prevent a number of serious illnesses that can be prevented by neutering
no thats what i meantt their were those to better the breed, but then there were some that sort of just happened, anyway we digress from the subject of the pictures
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >