Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Michael Vick jerseys

Dick's Sporting Good's has decided not to sell Michael Vick jerseys.

People who care about dogs are asking people to call Dick's and Thank them and tell them how much we appreciate their support.

Please call their corporate number at 1-866-677-4771.

When you get the recording press 0 to talk to a real person.

They are keeping a total of the people who call, both for and against the policy.

And Nike

One of his most lucrative deals had been with Nike, which signed him as a rookie in 2001 but terminated his contract after he pleaded guilty in federal court in August 2007, ultimately serving 18 months in prison.

Nike offered only a terse comment on Vick this week.

"Michael Vick does not have a contractual relationship with Nike. We will have no further comments at this time," the company said through spokesman Derek Kent.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 07:01 PM
yeh i dont think many people will be calling an american number for something like that!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Who's Michael Vick???
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
yeh i dont think many people will be calling an american number for something like that!
Well remember there are some American members on Dogsey, also if you have Skype or Voipbuster calls to USA are free (Or at most only 1p a minute)

When I top up my Voipbuster account I will ring that number, I think it's important to let a firm know that sponsoring this man is not the right thing to do.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Michael Vick is an American football player that did some jail time for organizing dog fights. Much to many's disappointment, he is out and being allowed to play again. His home team plays in a stadium named for Lincoln Financial.

I am unfamiliar with Dick's Sporting Goods. Do they sell hunting oriented merchandise?

Companies hoping to get my dollars had best steer clear of Vick.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Whilst I think it is good that the store is refusing to stock this mans Jersey, I dont think clogging up there phone lines with messages of support is the way to go.. I would think perhaps an email of support would be a better thing to do.
I am very supprised that a convicted dog fighting scum bag was allowed back into proffessional football.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
Whilst I think it is good that the store is refusing to stock this mans Jersey, I dont think clogging up there phone lines with messages of support is the way to go.. I would think perhaps an email of support would be a better thing to do.
I am very supprised that a convicted dog fighting scum bag was allowed back into proffessional football.
I agree with you about the phone lines (and I would probably try and verify this is what Dicks Sporting Goods have asked people to do if I was proposing to phone or email etc).

But as for being surprised that the scum bag has been allowed back in - unfortunately I'm not. Ultimately it is all about money and they believe he will make them lots, so his evil background is forgotten.

Fingers crossed that Nike continue to distance themselves from him.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Ha...Dicks Sporting Goods might not be stocking his jerseys, but they are selling (on line shop) a "Highland Mint Philadelphia Eagles Michael Vick 1st Game as an Eagle 24KT Photomint" (basically a posh framed photo of Vick costing $90!).

So, if they really are getting press coverage for not selling the shirts, how hypocrytical is that !
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
So, if they really are getting press coverage for not selling the shirts, how hypocrytical is that !
Hali, I'm the ultimate cynic, they are probably waiting to see how much publicity they get. Or maybe some junior purchsing guy just hasn't hadn't got the guts to 'pull' the items from the web site without authority from higher up

We've got some pretty nasty footballers in Europe too, and one way or another their crimes always seem to get forgotten.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hali, I'm the ultimate cynic, they are probably waiting to see how much publicity they get.
Quite likely
Or maybe some junior purchsing guy just hasn't hadn't got the guts to 'pull' the items from the web site without authority from higher up Also possible

We've got some pretty nasty footballers in Europe too, and one way or another their crimes always seem to get forgotten.
Agreed.

Razcox - as a matter of interest, where did the information you posted come from please?