Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 11:46 AM

Wireless Keyboards

Yesterday I bought a new keyboard because I have a problem with the caps on this one - they won't come on sometimes. I didn't realise that is was a wireless one until I got it home. I don't understand how they work and it needs about 5 AA batteries I think I was just wondering if anybody else had one and how long do the batteries last approximately. If they are going to run out every week then its not worth having really is it. I use the computer a lot (as you all know ) so do you think it would be better taking it back and getting a corded one?
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Personally, I think wireless ones a OK. If you are on it quite a lot, perhaps you should invest in some rechargable batteries. Corded ones do the trick just as well though. A case of personal preference really. Why don't you be sneaky and try it out for a day or two and if you don't like it, pack it back up and swap for a corded one
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2005, 11:53 AM
i have one as well foxy the batteries in the keyboard last long the mouse seems to get down quick though but it`s very good no disturbing cables between your legs
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
i have one as well foxy the batteries in the keyboard last long the mouse seems to get down quick though but it`s very good no disturbing cables between your legs

Okay thanks Fred. Yes I do have a cordless mouse but it has rechargeable batteries in but I thought that the keyboard batteries might run down quite quickly too. I don't have the problem of cables between my legs though
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by minky
Personally, I think wireless ones a OK. If you are on it quite a lot, perhaps you should invest in some rechargable batteries. Corded ones do the trick just as well though. A case of personal preference really. Why don't you be sneaky and try it out for a day or two and if you don't like it, pack it back up and swap for a corded one

Hi Minky - can you put rechargeable batteries in any wireless keyboard or is it only certain keyboards that you can put them in
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Unless it tells you otherwise on the instructions, there shouldn't be any problem with rechargable batteries. I know there are 2 different kinds of batteries (Ni-NH and Ni CAD) so just make sure you get the right ones. Not sure of the difference, sorry. Hope this helps x
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

21-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I`ve got a cordless its great Had it few mths now batteries till going strong