Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 10:45 PM

Urgent!! Help please very upset tummy

Hi all,

Paris has a very upset tum. Its basically just liquid coming out, sorry to be graphic. If its this bad in the morning she is off to the vets but is there anything i can do tonight to help her through the night? We have immodium but i'm asuming this wont be suitable for a dog? dont want to make her worse. Hope someone can help.

Thanks.
Clare
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Just offer her water. Don't feed her for 24 hours, then see how she is.

Good Luck I hope Paris is feeling better soon x
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Thank you. She has had 3 accidents in the house while we were at work and is going out every couple of hours or so since my OH got home this afternoon. She had lunch at 12.00 today so should i just offer her dinner at 12 tomorrow? She's had an occasional runny poop before but nothing like this.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:00 PM
I agree, just give her water and no food until tomorrow...then perhaps just something very bland.(Chicken and rice)
You may need to let ehr out in the night...

Hope she's okay. I've had dogs with the riuns like this, it isn't nice. Hope she is feeling better soon. If it's no better in the morning I would pop her to the vet as they can get dehydrated so quickly.
Gentle healing hugs form me x
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I agree, just give her water and no food until tomorrow...then perhaps just something very bland.(Chicken and rice)
You may need to let ehr out in the night...

Hope she's okay. I've had dogs with the riuns like this, it isn't nice. Hope she is feeling better soon. If it's no better in the morning I would pop her to the vet as they can get dehydrated so quickly.
Gentle healing hugs form me x
Thanks. I'm thinking about getting her to bed now then setting my alarm and popping down to let her out about 2am and see how she is then. Poor little princess. When we got up this morning one of them had pee'd in their room too so i'm wondering if this is why.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:06 PM
It could be. Bless. Hope she is okay in the night for you.
Projectile dire rear is not good...
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:07 PM
If you have some natural yoghurt this masy help in the interim and then get her to the vat or phone your vet as tell him the symptoms andfhe may give you Kaolin Tablets for her.

I generally keep a tub of natural yogurt just for this type of thing . You could aslso get some Acidopholusdtablets from a health shop, these are also good for tummy upsets and the runs.

Hope Paris feels better soon.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It could be. Bless. Hope she is okay in the night for you.
Projectile dire rear is not good...
I know. Poor babe.
Luckily i missed the 3 accidents but my OH has assured me it was not a nice thing to have to clear up.
Thanks for your help. Really reassuring.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
If you have some natural yoghurt this masy help in the interim and then get her to the vat or phone your vet as tell him the symptoms andfhe may give you Kaolin Tablets for her.

I generally keep a tub of natural yogurt just for this type of thing . You could aslso get some Acidopholusdtablets from a health shop, these are also good for tummy upsets and the runs.

Hope Paris feels better soon.
The one time we havent got any in the fridge! Typical. I'll pop to the shop in the morning if she's no better and give the vets a call. Thanks for the advice and well wishes.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Good advice already.

So just wanted to say Hope paris is abit better today xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >