Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've got Dulux Mellow Mocha on the walls, Taupe in the two recesses and Dulux Simply pearl on two other walls by the brick fireplace, it goes fantastically well together, in fact, these 3 colours were in a picture in their brochure, and that's why I chose them. I got a bit carried away though, and the entire house, including bedrooms is all the same colour (except the kitchen of course!).

I'm getting bored with it now though, been 4 years, but it's a very big house and I can't be a*sed!
I'm bored of mine and it's been a few months if I say anything to my OH he'll have a fit!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Same, really bored. I don't even think it has a ''scheme'' anymore.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've got Dulux Mellow Mocha on the walls, Taupe in the two recesses and Dulux Simply pearl on two other walls by the brick fireplace, it goes fantastically well together, in fact, these 3 colours were in a picture in their brochure, and that's why I chose them. I got a bit carried away though, and the entire house, including bedrooms is all the same colour (except the kitchen of course!).

I'm getting bored with it now though, been 4 years, but it's a very big house and I can't be a*sed!
Try 8 feel the same H, cant brign myself to even think about it, and it needs to be done
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Try 8 feel the same H, cant brign myself to even think about it, and it needs to be done
So what are you going to go for JB? Come on, I need inspiration!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
So what are you going to go for JB? Come on, I need inspiration!
i will go for the same, just freshen up, creamish walls, I like wall paper, probably a Laura Ashley one, something like this..

http://www.lauraashley.com/content/e...392_medium.jpg

I have cream curtains, (bit liek the paper) a dark wooden floor with a cream background Chinese rug, with reds/blues/greens in it, same with my fireplace, the surround is over a 100 yrs old, and the tiles are by liberty, again all the same colour as the rug, so I pick out one and go with it.. my sofas /chairs are gold/ and accessories are red.

Will keep it the same, but fresh paper and fresh paint (woodwork magnolia.

All very boring and traditional
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Sounds lovely. I love the paper, it looks very Chinoiserie, which I adore (J'adore ;o)

I think the trouble I have is that my taste is country cottage/vintage but my house is modern new build so I never feel satisfied.

I dream of this type of living room -

But it's hard to achieve when all you have is this to work with -

Maybe I just need a new house ;o)
Khasilooluv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2011, 07:50 PM
The usual many shades of brown, tehe. Can't wait to get it painted!

xo khasilooluv
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Brown and cream here too! I have just repapered the walls, and painted 3 of them. I dont like "in yer face" colours.

There is nothing at all wrong with your house Pidge. Looks smart, clean and well looked after.

(remarkably free of dog hair too!)
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Think the brown and cream theme is popular ! Cream walls , brown leather sofas with big squigdy cushions, cream carpet , cream curtains and blinds,they were pre dog ownership and have survived well in the 10 months the doggies have been with us , throq in a few scatter cushions in dark red for a bit of colour some throws for when the dogs are on the sofas and thats it !
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Mines cream walls apart from fireplace wall which is in textured brown wallpaper (looks a bit like bark), wooden floors, chestnut coloured leather sofas (yes i know boring brown but it goes with most colours) and moss green accessories with some bronze ones as well and moss green chenille cushions and some smaller cushions with brown and green stripes on. Cream linen curtains at the moment and wooden slatted blinds. Big rattan ball ceiling light, heavy rustic pine furniture, the kind with the metal rivets and aged wood, oh and some bronze coloured metal artwork on the walls.

Pidge your ideal lounge is similar to mine, i'd love an inglenook fireplace and beams, an old cottage with flag stone floors and lots of lovely rugs.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »