Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2013, 06:15 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning everyone.
I have put the smiley as I feel we maybe need a smile but there are so many worrying over poorly elderly parents and children not elderly course and poorly dogs with exploding bottoms. Also very naughty bitey jumpy dogs.

I have had a dreadful night I cannot get out of my head that atrocity that happened yesterday. Those poor people who had to witness it, his colleagues and of course his parents and maybe brothers and sisters and other members of the family. It must be awful to lose a child but to lose a child in this manner well I don't know how you would cope.
I hope that poor young man is now at peace his family I fear may never be again.
Gorden worked with a Muslim lady she didn't practice the religion anymore and I met her a few years ago now a lovely lady and she said then our religion is not a hateful religion it is meant and is taught to be a peaceful religion these fanatics have turned it into something it is not. So so sad.
Also Michael goes to college part time in Greenwich so that is also worrying and also spends a lot of time in London.

I also when I couldn't sleep had some ideas about Dillon's outrageous behaviour last night. Michael sat on the floor when playing with him so Dillon promptly dropped his toy and decided Michael being at his level was a big puppy we don't usually come down to his level because of this behaviour from him. I think and hope one day it will stop as he grows up but for now it is obvious we can't. Also I bought him some biscuits from Lidl I wonder if they are sending him a bit hyper he started them Tuesday. So we elimjnate the biscuits remind Michael not to get down to Dillon's level and hopefully the behaviour will get back to as normal as possible with him.

Well the sun was out now it is in. I have another nursing home to ring today and we await with baited breath to see if mum can return to the care home after they have done their assessment today or if we have to look into one of these other homes PDQ.
Also more waiting for news of yesterdays meeting with the Head and Gorden and the man from the Institute and whether the head wants to remain in this new programme and whether she feels Gorden is right for her school if she does. My nerves will never be the same again.

Sally I am thinking of you and your dad and the rest of the family this is where we are with mum at this time and its difficult for all. (((Hugs))). Wishing your daughter better soon too.
Lorraine what a lovely thought from Brian and glad you are up to the point you wanted with the assignment.
jenny I hope the boys bottoms contain themselves today.
Jenny I hope your son is continuing on the road to recovery.
Chris that Gary is feeling better and that your mum is too.
Helena that your day yesterday has helped you and now the meeting up and having lunch with your neighbour will keep your spirits lifted.
Bev that Charly is ok I can imagine yesterday's news has been very unsettling for her and that you are enjoying and making the most of your holiday.

For anyone I have forgotten sorry I am thinking of you.

Have a safe and nice Thursday all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Yes Lynn, absolutely sickening and to think it was broad daylight with all those people around, and the video somebody got of him standing there like he was brandishing that chopper and covered in blood, is haunting me What I want to know is how did that man get into this Country in the first place

Glorious sunny morning darn sarf, although the wind is still cold, and I wish it could have been like this yesterday when my friends visited instead of all that cloud we had. Feeling a bit fragile this morning, but I only had 2 glasses of red, so not hungover, just hungover from all the excitement of such a long day. Even Zena wouldn't settle last night, she was very strange, wouldn't come to bed, she seemed frightened to come into the bedroom, I had to tempt her in there with a fish stick, but she seemed very wary. Oooooer, maybe mum decided to join us yesterday and thought she'd hang around after they left, and have a nap on my bed or summat!!!
Had such a great time, a good old laugh, and got everything off my chest, and they all agreed, I've got to get myself out more, so I'm going to make the effort with my neighbour starting next week. Blimey Jenny, that must have been a bit scarey taking the boat into Rye Harbour that time, so thanks for that heads up, but we'll be going by car!
Sorry I can't keep up with yesterday's going's on cos there's 7 pages of it, but I did skip through a bit.

Lynn, Sounds like another nightmare with your mum at the hospital and I hope you don't have to get too involved with it or Gill, you've got enough on your plate. I am waiting with baited breath to hear about whether Gorden has got that job or not, but hopefully he has. Your nerves must be in shreds by now, what with Dillon's antics on top of all this.

Chris, sorry to hear about your nightmares too with not only your mum but also Gary not being right, and I hope you can get back to that same old same old asap.

Jenny hope those boys of yours are ok today, that's the trouble with dogs with fluffy trousers and rear end problems, what a nightmare you had yesterday.

Off with Zena into the woods in a mo, and then I'm having a quiet day indoors, the shopping can wait until tomorrow, I might offer to pop into that neighbour of mine this morning and sort out her picture problems with the puter if I can of course, but let's hope I can.

Enjoy your day everyone, hope the sun is shining where you are too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Morning Helena maybe your mum was around enjoying watching you being the old Helena for a while and like you say stopped a bit longer then she should after falling asleep on your bed and that worried Zena a little other than that no ideas sorry.

That would be a good idea pop into your neighbours for a cuppa and to help load those pictures and if you can't I'm sure she won't mind as you will of had a laugh and good old fashioned chin wag. I do miss those with my neighbour if she was around and what with all the support from my Dogsey pals I am sure I would of sailed through half this stuff a lot easier.

Weather sunny with spots of rain and windy not sure how cold haven't ventured out yet. Enjoy your walk.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Good morning Lynn, Helena and fellow members,

A bright sunny morning here but a chilly breeze. I believe it'll be all down hill from lunch time through tomorrow, so a decent dog walk this morning is on the cards.

The dogs seem fine today, although Rucksack hasn't been as yet. Flash did look at his breakfast and then up at me as though to say 'I'd rather have the rice and chicken'

Lynn - Everything crossed that you find a nursing home near enough to you and your siblings in case that is the route your have to go with you Mum. Regarding the gorgeous Dillon, it does sound as though his over-the-top 20 minutes yesterday could have been down to him getting very excited having Michael on the same level as him. If my two sons decide to 'fool around' the garden with a ball, the dogs get so excited and seem to use it as an excuse to chase and grab them. I'm sure Dillon just 'beside-himself' with excitement and like a child didn't know how to stop.

Helena - Enjoy your Zena walk and a quieter day. Hopefully having fun yesterday will have recharged your batteries mentally.

I've been awake since 5.00 so not overly happy .... not due to the dogs I hasten to add.
See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Morning jenny. Glad to hear no more exploding bottoms lets hope it stays that way.
Awww I can just imagine Flash's little face looking at you.

Enjoy your walk.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2013, 07:11 AM

Always a worry - when they are babies you worry, when they are teenagers you worry, even when they are as old as mine are you worry - you worry about partners and your siblings, and then you worry about your parents.

And sick dogs and norty dogs, and now you worry about what might happen when you go out. I have seen more than enough in real life, so when the news flashes kept coming through on the computer I did not put the television on. I have the usual daily newspapers on the computer so I will read through them shortly.

I frequently wonder what the world is coming to and am glad I am towards the end of my life rather than at the start of it.

It really puts my moans about broken nights into perspective so I will praise Da Booga for only getting me up once during the night, and letting me have another couple of hours sleep after her morning meds.

Have as good a day as you can everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning Malka mum use to say the same when you have children you never stop worrying. She also says she is glad she is nearing the end of her life not at the beginning.

Its not all bad though there are some wonderful things to see and do and lots of good people in the world its just we rarely get to hear about them.

Well done Pereg.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I am off to mums a day early this week as my dads brother is arriving today to stay till Saturday so mum needed her shopping early and its easier to do the housework before he arrives.

I still can't get over that awful attack yesterday and how that man could stand there shouting on camera with no guilt or shame for what he had just done. Things like this does deeply affect people like Charly and all families of our soldiers. You like to think they are safe when they return home from serving this country abroad, but they are still in danger after all they do for us. My thoughts go out to his family I can only begin to imagine what they are going through.

Lynn I hope you get some positive good news regarding Gordon and the job today and I hope something is soon sorted for your mum. Dillon behave yourself, although I can't imagine you being naughty you were such a good well behaved boy when I visited.

Everyone else with family and doggy problems I hope things look better today.

Sunny and chilly out there at the moment but I think its mean't to get very wet later for a couple of days. Still no need to get the summer clothes out yet. Just hope we will need them at some point this year.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2013, 08:12 AM

A quick hello from me, I've got a busy, busy day.
I will be back later to read through, I hope you are all ok and have a good day.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Gawd! It feel like Novmber out here today. Cold, raining & windy.
Not much planned, just to nip up to my daughters to stick hers & SIL birthday cards through the letterbox & then do a bit of housework. I was going to do some washing but it's not worth it with this weather.

Lynn hope Gorden hears something before weekend & you can sort something out for your Mum.
Glad you enjoyed your day out with your friends yesterday Helena. It sounds as though its done you a power of good.
Jenny don't work too hard today.
Morning Bev.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »