View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I detest the sight or thought of H M Mc............ she makes my skin crawl.

Despite being an ardent animal lover I would still avoid anything she is involved with as I believe she is totally self serving.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah i agree i'm not her biggest fan either
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Stewart B
Yeah i agree i'm not her biggest fan either
Im not a fan of either of them really Stew.Recently,they encouraged the public to stop donating money to various charities like Cancer Research because they do animal testing.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I do respect the cause, but i am a bit weary of the reasons these "celebs" do it

A washed up model and a washed up pop idol, what more can you say
(I did like Linda though R.I.P)
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I didnt like Mills because of the interviews Ive seen her in, she wont shut up and give anyone else chance to speak, arrogance is what come to mind, and I get the feeling that she is definately riding on McCartneys rep.

That said though, I watched the documentary, she came across pretty good and did actually manage to shut up a couple of times, I do get the feeling that she is using her celebrity to get the message across, actually she pretty much admitted that and admitted that Paul is doing it to, she was close to tears though a few times, I do think that her reasons are genuine, and lets face it, if your name gets the job done then why not take advantage of it.

As for the documentary itself, I was expecting worse, not that what they showed wasnt absolutely sickening, it was, but Ive seen a lot worse in other videos/documentary's .

She stopped J.Crew clothing selling all fur products right across the US after she protested outside his store and I have to say that her barging her way in to J.Lo's offices was 'sweet'.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 10:04 PM
I think she's doing a good job someones got to do it
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I don't like to ignore these programmes when they are on TV. I applaud the fact that they are broadcast so I watched it, though clearly was sickened.

I agree with Flipper in that whatever you think of Heather MMc, at least she is doing something with her money/position. Many other celebrities have the time and money to channel their energies into campaigning for a better world, yet they won't.

She came across to me as genuine. Whether or not she is arrogant matters not. Sometimes you have to be pushy to make people listen, and niceties and manners are often lost on people who 'don't want to know'.

The cries (not yelps) of the german shepherd dog being skinned alive will stay with me for some time.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I watched it tonight
I never really liked Heather Mills-McCartney before ,but watching tonight I felt she was doing a great job highlighting the suffering that happens for fashion ,she is keeping this issue out there and unless somone does the general public is just going to forget about it and the suffering will continue
watching the clips of the videos of animals ,I felt like I could be a murderer because if I was there I couldnt just let that happen I would have to stop what these people were doing whatever way I could
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2006, 07:08 AM
nothing that goes on in china surprises me, but have to say gobsmacked that it is going on as close to home as the czech republic
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Katrina342
I agree with Flipper in that whatever you think of Heather MMc, at least she is doing something with her money/position. Many other celebrities have the time and money to channel their energies into campaigning for a better world, yet they won't.

She came across to me as genuine. Whether or not she is arrogant matters not. Sometimes you have to be pushy to make people listen, and niceties and manners are often lost on people who 'don't want to know'.

-(
Exactly!! I am shocked that people are having a go at someone who is willling to make a difference. I doubt very much if making oneself unpopular with "stars" is going to do anyone a lot of good. I suspect she works from a deep passion.

Come on some of you guys, why be so harsh on someone who is prepared to get up and actually do something???

When we are all doing what she is doing, and are willing to stand up and be counted, maybe then we could judge, eh?
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >